Old 12-18-2010, 06:21 AM   #1
Rivet Master

2000 25' Safari
1999 34' Excella
Davidson County, NC , Highlands County, FL
not exactly new

Hello to Everyone,

I just recently found this introduction page in the forum, though I have been viewing for years.

I joined back in 2006. A day or so afterward I unexpectedly had to moved back home to take care of my Dad, when my Mom got sick and passed. They are both gone now. It was a hectic time and I actually forgot I had joined! A few weeks ago I re-found the forum member list and was supprised to see myself listed as a member. It seems like I find something new almost every time I login now. I semi-retired this year (only one day per week when I want to) and have more time to look now.

I have owned an Airstream trailer of some type almost continuiously since the early 1990's, popup trailer and tent camping prior. I sold the first two Excellas as I was able to get a nicer one. Two months ago we got broad sided by semi in VA, while returning home from MI. We totaled both the 2010 Silverado and the 1999 Excello 31' (my favorite). Fortunately we were not hurt, just very sore. Since the wreck, we have replaced the TV and recently purchased a 2000 Safari 25C.

We are headed to FL after the holidays. We are planning Yellowstone in the summer. Judy and I hope to meet some of you in our travels.

Happy Holiday to All!

A W Warn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 07:31 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1973 27' Overlander
Sparks , Nevada
Introductions at any time are great! I'm not sure I have done it myself -on this page- or not...

Sorry about loosing your last rig but hoping you are enjoying the new one just as much! Airforums Rally in the panhandle, CanOpener - January 6-9. Sounds like it will be fun. Maybe you can make it down that way....

funkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 09:50 AM   #3
4 Rivet Member
Currently Looking...
San Diego , California
Welcome...................Back to Forums

Good to see you back. My sister lives in Cornelius (Lake Norman). Having visited, I can say you live in a very pretty area of the country.

Randy Bowman
OB Bambi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 09:54 AM   #4
Site Team
1974 31' Sovereign
Ottawa , ON
Welcome back, A W, and sorry to hear that about that accident. But you're back on the road now, good to hear, and rollin'!

Keep us up to date with photos as you travel or work on your trailer, won't you?
If it's to be, it's up to me.
Aage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 11:07 AM   #5

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
Greetings from the Florida Panhandle

Welcome to the Forums. We're glad to have you with us even though you've been with us for quite a while.

Sorry to hear about your mishap in Virginia. We are glad to hear that you were not seriously injured.
SuEllyn & Brian McCabe
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with HAHA
2005 Suburban 2500 Quadrasteer (Olivia) & 2011 Silverado 3500 (Fred) with Outfitter Truck Camper (Ethel)
moosetags is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 11:30 AM   #6
Rivet Master
1965 22' Safari
Vassar , Michigan
Greeting from Michigan,

It seems that strange things happen to people the visit MI. Must have something to do with all the rusting factories lol. Glad to here you are all ok. Maybe if you come our way again give us a shout. Would be glad to let you park for a day or two. We are only 6 country miles from Frankenmuth (MI most visited town).

Everyday is a Saturday
tkasten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 08:23 AM   #7
Rivet Master

2000 25' Safari
1999 34' Excella
Davidson County, NC , Highlands County, FL
I appreciate all of your kind thoughts and invitations to visit.

A W Warn is offline   Reply With Quote