Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-31-2006, 12:08 PM   #1
SoftLanding

2003 31' Land Yacht 30
Lexington , Kentucky
Smile No longer lurking

It is time we introduced ourselves. I've been lurking for some time and was very pleased to have located our Airstream on the classified section of this forum.

We bought our MH in June of 2005 and spent a very pleasant winter in and around Arizona. We're getting a late start this year and so I'm searching for a way to winterize. We didn't pay any attention to winterizing tips because we thought we'd never need to do that. Surely we'd be in a warm area by the time freezing weather came. Best laid plans . . .

Our family consists of H (Ron), W (Julianna), C(at Miss Katrinka), D(og--officially Sparky but usually Doggie). Last year I didn't know about podcasting, but now I've saved plenty of podcasts to listen to while walking our Doggie--not one of my favorites. He'll have much longer walks this year--good for both of us! Podcasts are wonderful!!! If you don't know about them go to iTunes & download either the Apple version or a Windows version. Podcasts are free and you don't have to have an iPod. You can listen to lots of interesting things once they're downloaded to your computer.

Maybe we'll see some of you on the road this winter . . . soon! But first, I'll have to check out those winterizing tips!

Ron and Julianna La Fleche
SoftLanding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 12:25 PM   #2
Mel
Rivet Master

1967 22' Safari
1960 Caravel
Edmonds , Washington
Welcome! Glad you're no longer lurking. Good luck with your winterizing - we just got ours done last night, just in time for temps to hit the teens in our area! And speaking of podcasts, have you checked out www.thevap.com?
Old 10-31-2006, 12:32 PM   #3
Rivet Master

NOVA SCOTIA , CANADA
Hi and a warm welcome to the forums.A lot of useful info can be obtained by using the search feature.There are several threads on winterizing.You are now a poster and a former lurker.

AIR #7916
Ex WBCCI #32083
streamer23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 12:35 PM   #4
Mom scared by aluminum

Currently Looking...
Phoenix , Arizona
welcome from sunny AZ. Winterize? We don't need no stinking winterize.

Seconds to Mel's recommendation of thevap.com. It's excellent.
dmaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 01:09 PM   #5
SoftLanding

2003 31' Land Yacht 30
Lexington , Kentucky
Now a member & no longer lurking

Thank you for your friendly replies. I'll be sure to check out that website you've mentioned.

We plan to go to Arizona again this winter & wouldn't it be nice to be in Nova Scotia for the summer!

When we leave in November we'll (I'll) have a better idea what to take--and what to leave home: not nearly so much canned food; I really did think I'd use that small cast iron skillet I use @ home. The thing is, I liked the gas stove so much that after we came back I continued using it to cook eggs for my husband's breakfast--until the propane ran out!

Julianna
SoftLanding is offline   Reply With Quote