Old 04-02-2013, 05:55 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

San clemente , California
No AS....yet

Hello and good day all,

I recently signed up to the forum after doing a bit of research.

We are a growing family and have been camping with the kids since our oldest was 3 months, he's now five. We have 3 kids. We've done the tent thing, the roof top tent (RTT) thing, the offroad tent trailer thing and the MH thing. I want to go away from the MH thing, but enjoy having the hard sides when possible. Our current set up consist of a small class C, which we've only had for a short while and an offroad, tow it anywhere our diesel Landcruiser will go tent trailer. The offroad tent trailer is a custom tent trailer made with an Oztrailer tent and a custom Beartrailer Sport Trailgator. It's a great little trailer for those places where a MH or TT are unable to go. I'll figure out how to attach our picture from our Monache Meadow trip.

I never liked the idea of maintaining another complete vehicle... a MH, but my wife wanted to give it a try after we rented one. I've always like the trailer idea, park the "house" and drive away if needed. We are looking for a smaller AS with a max of 22'. The MH would be sold once the AS has been purchased; thank goodness we got it for a good price and will more than likely break even with the sale. Once the kids get older we would have them move into a tent and my wife and I would stay in the AS. The Landcruiser would remain as our TV for now, the diesel has the required torque and brakes have been upgraded.

I'll be reaching out to the members of the forum for some assistance in inspecting some trailer...hopefully it's not too many

Thanks,
N
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0020.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	318.4 KB
ID:	182352  

Old 04-13-2013, 10:17 AM   #2
3 Rivet Member

1991 29' Excella
Akron , Ohio
You are going to have SO much fun looking! There are some nice CA offerings and even NM. I lurked in the airstreamclassifieds.com for MONTHS before I decided and now I miss the looking!

Old 04-14-2013, 09:30 PM   #3
1 Rivet Member

You are correct about it being fun. I have been checking every where and everyday for just the right AS! I just wish there was an easier way to search Craigslist then have to change the city/state every time.

I've already been helped by some of the great members of this forum; THANK YOU, THANK YOU!
Old 04-15-2013, 10:13 AM   #4
3 Rivet Member

1971 18' Caravel
Columbus , Montana
Quote:
Originally Posted by npmills View Post
You are correct about it being fun. I have been checking every where and everyday for just the right AS! I just wish there was an easier way to search Craigslist then have to change the city/state every time.

I've already been helped by some of the great members of this forum; THANK YOU, THANK YOU!

Use searchtempest for craigslist...it's awesome!
Old 04-16-2013, 12:08 AM   #5
1 Rivet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by valorama View Post
Use searchtempest for craigslist...it's awesome!
I agree it's awesome. I just found it yesterday and have spent a... bit... of time on it