Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-28-2008, 07:01 PM   #1

Lincoln , Michigan
Newly retired in Michigan

Hello,
My wife and I retired two years ago this month. We have been pulling a 5th wheel(not an Airstream) since 1997 and have it up for sale now and are actively looking for an Airstream trailer for our retirement traveling. I have been wanting one for years and have finally convinced my wife to give it a try.

We owned a tag along trailer before the 5th wheel and have been avid campers since 1977. Really looking forward to being a part of the Airstream family and will post when we sell our present unit and find an Airstream that fits our needs.

Thanks,

Ron
ronleekobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 07:09 PM   #2
Mel
Rivet Master

1967 22' Safari
1960 Caravel
Edmonds , Washington
Welcome to the forums! Are you thinking of a new or used Airstream? If used, be sure to keep an eye on the classifieds here. Good luck selling your 5th wheel and hope you find the Airstream of your dreams soon!
Old 04-28-2008, 09:57 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1963 16' Bambi
1962 22' Safari
Yreka , California
Welcome to the forums and to retirement!

Hubby and I have been retired 5 - 6 years... absolutely wonderful. I highly recommend it!

Good luck on selling your RV and finding just the perfect Airstream for yourselves! While you're looking you might check out the rally calendar and find a Airstream rally near you and go and "take a look". At many forum rallies you can even "hide in the shadows" with your RV.... folks often have "tours" of their Airstreams and it will give you a great opportunity to speak to folks who have them and get the pros and cons. It will also encourage your other half to look and get an idea of what she likes!

You might also check out this older, but worthwhile thread on things to think about: http://www.airforums.com/forums/f353...eam-22920.html

Have fun, and go camping!

Mrs. NorCal Bambi traveling in S Tardis ~ from the Great State of Jefferson
CaddyGrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 06:18 AM   #4

Lincoln , Michigan
Thanks for the quick response. We are looking for a used Airstream and I think we need at least a 28' but a 31 or 32 would be beautiful. We travel with three dogs presently and are used to the space. Don't think I would like anything over 32 as I'm not a fan of a tri-axel trailer. The thread on considerations when buying an Airstream was wonderful and all tips are appreciated. I'm already fond of this forum
Ron
ronleekobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 06:43 AM   #5
Tramp Streamer
Commercial Member

1995 28' Excella
Artist , at Large
Welcome to the Forum Ron!

I'm single, a full time in a 28 footer.
While others full time in smaller, a couple with 3 dogs would surely need at least a 30 footer.

Sounds like your on the right track.

Good luck on your search!

Michael
ArtStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 07:24 AM   #6
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Hey there Michigander! Brad and I have a 27' but I think a 30' and larger would allow you the room you would enjoy and the extra storage.

Metro Detroit and the Ohio area has frequent rallies, we are just leaving one now. Hope to meet you at another soon. C'mon by bring the 5th wheel or drive in for the day. Many of us started by getting with other Airstreamers and getting tips and taking tours.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 07:37 AM   #7

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
Welcome from the Florida Panhandle

Welcome to the Forums. We're glad to have you with us. Good luck in selling the 5th wheeel and finding the perfect Airstream.

Brian
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with ProPride
2020 Silverado 2500 (Vivian)
2023 Rivian R1T (Opal)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote