Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-10-2012, 09:00 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1978 31' Excella 500
Currently Looking...
prescott , Arizona
Talking newcomers

Well its official we're new owners of a 1978 Excella 500 very excited I've dreamer of this forever. If anyone have some advice for us please let us know my husband is a plumber so he hes redone all the plumbing already there where a few leaks here and there so he decided to redo everything so far so good. Now to work on electric. I haven't decided if we should move radio around just yet don't know where to put seatting arrangement at.
gypsililly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 09:04 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
Welcome to the forums, gypsililly... We look forward to seeing more of you both here on the Forums and on the road... I reiterate my invitation to come down from Prescott and joined us at the 4CU Lake Pleasant Rally if you can...a good time is guaranteed and you'll be able to ask all sorts of good questions. Is your rig road-ready? We like pictures!
AirForums #21900
PastPrez, 4CU/WBCCI
TBRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 10:16 PM   #3
Commercial Member

2016 27' International
Currently Looking...
Wilton , California
Welcome to the Airforums Gypsililli!

Congrats on the 31' 500... That model really has a classic Airstream look that I have always liked. We would love to see pictures and welcome any and all questions about the repairs. Lots of great information here. Remember to use the search function and get ready for hours of reading if you are unsure about what to do next...

Regards,

Vinnie

https://www.facebook.com/VinniesNort...ir?ref=tn_tnmn
Airslide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 10:33 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2009 27' FB International
Los Angeles , California
Photos..... Photos...... We need Photos.....

Welcome to the forum, lots of great folks and a LOT of combined wisdom.....

But we NEED Photos....
WBCCI #1215
Air #54601

Remember... No matter where you go, there you are...

2009 27FB International Ocean Breeze
2010 Toyota Tundra CrewMax, 5.7L V8, 4x4
Scott J-24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 11:25 AM   #5
1 Rivet Member

1978 31' Excella 500
Currently Looking...
prescott , Arizona
I uploaded some photos today. the plumbimg is done so on to the next project theres just so much to do i dont know where to start.
Old 04-11-2012, 11:40 AM   #6
Rivet Master

2019 27' Flying Cloud
Albuquerque , New Mexico
Welcome, and thanks for all the photos.
Can you tell us the story, where it's been, and how you found it?
It's a very nice Airstream.
Keep a journal.
Happy trails!
Four Corners Unit WBCCI #5783
Alumaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 12:06 PM   #7
1 Rivet Member

1978 31' Excella 500
Currently Looking...
prescott , Arizona
At the moment we're in NC waiting for our daughther to have her first child so we'll be grandparents for the first time yay us lol. While we where here we decided to find our dream airstream we saw a few but not the one for us some how on craiglist I found this one. It took me a week I checked every city near us everyday and then this one was posted the same day I called the gentleman and told him I'll be there in a day dont sell I want it without even seeing it I had a gut feeling and when that happens my husband usually listens. My husband was impressed for the price they were asking for it and it was in good conditions few things need to be done but nothing we cant handle. Our lease in our home is up in Sept so we have till then to get everything in order since we will be living in it full time and heading back to AZ. I've done some research and found out one of the owners also is a member on the forum so I'm wating to hear from him and what he has done to it when he owned it. I'll post more pics as we make changes there's nothing my husband can't fix and there's nothing I can't make I'm pretty crafty so with us both we should make this very nice I'm hoping. The first thing we'll be doing is registering with WBCCI and then joining the 4C group if you have any info to help us thru this journey please let us know. thanks Gypsililly
Old 04-11-2012, 12:50 PM   #8
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsililly View Post
At the moment we're in NC waiting for our daughther to have her first child so we'll be grandparents for the first time yay us lol. While we where here we decided to find our dream airstream we saw a few but not the one for us some how on craiglist I found this one. It took me a week I checked every city near us everyday and then this one was posted the same day I called the gentleman and told him I'll be there in a day dont sell I want it without even seeing it I had a gut feeling and when that happens my husband usually listens. My husband was impressed for the price they were asking for it and it was in good conditions few things need to be done but nothing we cant handle. Our lease in our home is up in Sept so we have till then to get everything in order since we will be living in it full time and heading back to AZ. I've done some research and found out one of the owners also is a member on the forum so I'm wating to hear from him and what he has done to it when he owned it. I'll post more pics as we make changes there's nothing my husband can't fix and there's nothing I can't make I'm pretty crafty so with us both we should make this very nice I'm hoping. The first thing we'll be doing is registering with WBCCI and then joining the 4C group if you have any info to help us thru this journey please let us know. thanks Gypsililly
Hey Gypsililly! First, congrats on becoming grandparents, soon! Since you're in NC waiting for the babe to arrive, I guess that means you won't be here in time for the Lake Pleasant Rally next week! But I am happy to hear that you plana to join the 4CU...you won't be sorry or disappointed. We hold a well-attended and very popular hands-on restoration rally in ABQ in June that may interest you... You can learn from the experts the ins and outs of everything Airstream-related. The 4CU also has a large contingency of vintage owners so you will be in good company full of good advice, even though your rig is not all that old... Let me know if you'd like further info on that or the 4CU. Looking forward to meeting you and we'll see you down the road!
AirForums #21900
PastPrez, 4CU/WBCCI
TBRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 04:51 PM   #9
4 Rivet Member

1972 27' Overlander
Penokee , Kansas
First grand kid,, or more already here? Once they start showing up they come in bunches.. We have 12 now and 4 kids have not gotten started yet..

Welcome to the group,, They all helped us find a usable Airstream that was in our price range with the wisdom to know what to look out for..

I always do better when I trust my gut feeling,, and seldom wrong.. Good luck and happy days ahead working on your dream on wheels..

Sodbust

20mpg empty, 14 mpg with 27' Overlander.

Today is the first day of the rest of your life!
Sodbust is offline   Reply With Quote