Old 02-08-2008, 11:34 AM   #15
Mel
Rivet Master

1967 22' Safari
1960 Caravel
Edmonds , Washington
Glad to hear things are looking up! Sounds like you and the grandkids had a good outing - hope there are plenty more to come.

Old 02-08-2008, 11:38 AM   #16
1 Rivet Member

2008 25' International CCD
Wallisville , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowey BC
Oh I had to try my first post here, the thought of above freezing temps and taking possesion in Jan gives me a chuckle. 7 ft of snow in the past 6 weeks (and yes snow before that too) means no hope for camping anytime soon. We plan on delivery of our 16 ft 2008 bambi in April by then the gravel and snow is hopefully off the road. We are concerned about our tv, and researching our options.
64 F here right now Snowey. Predicted to hit mid 70's this afternoon. No snow in sight.

Good luck on the upcoming delivery of your new AS. What type of TV have you been looking at?

Old 02-08-2008, 11:45 AM   #17
2 Rivet Member

1966 17' Caravel
Dallas , Texas
Vintage Rally

Welcome TexZen from another Texan. I'm at the opposite end of the spectrum - at the beginning of my restoration project - my 66 Caravel. I wanted to mention that I'm driving down tomorrow morning to the rally site at Lake Conroe for the lunch and vintage tour. No trailer, just me. You might consider driving over to meet some of the local streamers - that's my goal - and see the vintage units. Hope to meet y'all soon. paula
Old 02-09-2008, 04:48 AM   #18
2 Rivet Member

2008 16' International CCD
kitimat , british columbia
concerning our tv, today we are hoping to find a ford sport trac. as we investigate further that may change, my hubby is interested in the power curves and i'm more into the paint color. we are having supper with a mechanic experience rv'er on the 14th. we are not brand faithful when it comes to our vehicles price and availability will be a deciding factor. since the bambi is new, the car wont be. and darn it is snowing again
Old 02-14-2008, 11:04 AM   #19
1 Rivet Member

2008 25' International CCD
Wallisville , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowey BC
....We plan on delivery of our 16 ft 2008 bambi in April by then the gravel and snow is hopefully off the road. We are concerned about our tv, and researching our options.
Good response from "SilverTwinkie" in the thread below concerning TV's and Bambi's.

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f400...oes-39712.html

Congrats & Good Luck on your upcoming delivery.
Old 02-21-2008, 06:50 PM   #20
2 Rivet Member

2008 16' International CCD
kitimat , british columbia
New TV

Thank you Tex Zen and Silver Twinkie. Although my heart was set on the loaded sports trac safety issues in the hills we call home lead us to purchasing a 2008 V8 Trailblazer. The weather is above Zero, the melt off thankfully slow, and we can hardly wait to pick up and take the bambi on that maiden voyage. Glad I read the posts by Silver; hubby was chatting to me about P3's I didn't realize that had anything to do with the trailer, tonight he has promised me diagrams!!! Dreaming off all the future trips.