Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-23-2007, 12:23 PM   #1
HTH

Newbie's first post

Hello to all,

We have a 1985 Soverign travel trailer and have done a little bit of a touch-up on the interior. New carpets front and back, and cork tile in the kitchen and bathroom area. When we purchased the Airstream it had a rickity couch/bed in the rear bedroom. My husband pulled that out and constructed a new double in its place. The bed is on the road side of the trailer. We have the center bathroom (also road side). Our problem is trying to properly ID our trailer. We are planning to replace the Airstream draperies and need to have the proper configuration for fit.

Our serial number is 1ST BBA J27 FJ503165.

We have googled the information translating this info into something meaningful but it isn't working for this trailer! We are uncertain if it is a 25, 26 or 27 foot trailer.

Can anyone help to ID this trailer?

Many thanks,

Heather & Lawrence
HTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 12:38 PM   #2

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
Welcome to the Forums. We're glad to have you with us.
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with ProPride
2020 Silverado 2500 (Vivian)
2023 Rivian R1T (Opal)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 12:45 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1960 22' Safari
in the wilderness , The great Mojave Desert
Welcome in!

I can't answer your question sorry to say.

However someone will be along shortly who can and will. If they don't. Post a thread with a title like "Whats this seriel number mean" and they will swarm you.

WBCCI 3344 FCU
AIR# 13896
CA 4

Yes, we have courtesy parking for you. About an hour North of Los Angeles.
Goin camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 01:08 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
St. Cloud , Minnesota
Per http://www.airstream.com/airstream/p...e/docs/vin.pdf, I come up with:
1ST = Airstream travel trailer
B = Corner rear bath
B = Classic
A = Semi-monocoque, 96" narrow body
J = 25' to less than 26'
2 = double axle
7 = check digit
F = 1985
J = Jackson Center, OH manufacture
503165 = sequential number

If it's "less than 26" they would have called it a 25-footer -- true even if it was 25' 11" (which is my Safari's length). FYI - 102" wide bodies didn't come along until 1994 I believe - and then only for lengths longer than 22' (23'?). This is from a good page of FAQs at the Airstream website - Airstream :: Customer Services. Welcome to the Forums!

5 meter Langford Nahanni

CanoeStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 01:42 PM   #5
HTH

HI Bob, but that is the point. Our Airstream done not have a corner rear bath! It has a center road side bath and the rear end of the trailer is our bedroom.

Heather
Old 08-23-2007, 01:50 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
St. Cloud , Minnesota
Heather - the "B = corner rear bath" designation is one of 8 areas in the pdf document with an asterisk and a fairly recent date. There is no further explanation but I could imagine that they are saying that the particular designation took on a new meaning for models after that date. It might take a call to Airstream to clarify exactly ... if it is worth that to you. Clearly, you've got what you've got.

The rest of the VIN makes sense. A way of double checking the length is to measure the distance from bumper to ball inclusive.

5 meter Langford Nahanni

CanoeStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 05:40 PM   #7
HTH

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanoeStream
Heather - the "B = corner rear bath" designation is one of 8 areas in the pdf document with an asterisk and a fairly recent date. There is no further explanation but I could imagine that they are saying that the particular designation took on a new meaning for models after that date. It might take a call to Airstream to clarify exactly ... if it is worth that to you. Clearly, you've got what you've got.

The rest of the VIN makes sense. A way of double checking the length is to measure the distance from bumper to ball inclusive.
Thanks so much Bob for your information. We will get it figured out. It really only matters in that I want to make sure we order the right drapes! I should have said in my original e-mail that we are from Calgary, Alberta, Canada, and we are members of WBCC # 5159.

Cheers,
Heather & Lawrence