Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-24-2007, 09:31 PM   #1

1986 34.5' Airstream 345
Seal Beach , California
Newbie with an Oldie but a Goodie

Hi guystreamers and galstreamers,

I recently flew from California to Florida to purchase my 1986 345.(Her name is Anne Marie.My identical twin girls' middle names.) What a white knuckle adventure that was. I had a blast. I flew into Fort Lauderdale around 6am on a Monday kicked eight tires and was on the road by 11am in my new purchase. The PO had changed all the fluids before I got there and was also kind enough to start me off with a full tank of gas. I stopped at a local Auto Zone picked up new wiper blades and every fluid, belt and hose for the MoHo they had in stock. I ended up using two of those hoses in Van Horne, Texas. I drove to the top of Florida and made the longest left hand turn I've ever made in my life. I went through storms like I had never seen before. I didnt know it could actually rain sideways. We just have the straight down kind where I'm from. I made it back in six days. I only had trouble on a few hills.(Fuel pump.) But $1200 in gas and a couple of great stories later I pulled Anne Marie into Huntington Beach safe and sound and a little more grown up. (You can learn a lot of things my mom warned me about from truckers.) I'm looking forward to starting and sharing the restoration process with you all and tapping in to all this knowledge on the sight.This website and the community members are amazing. Thanks for taking the time to read this and I'm sure I'll be talking to you often.
airextremist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 09:38 PM   #2
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
OlyPen , Washington
Hi and welcome. Check out the section dedicated to Motorhomes and learn to use the search tool in the upper right hand corner.

Sounds like quite an adventure!

AirForums Custom Search
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 11:45 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1963 16' Bambi
1962 22' Safari
Yreka , California
Welcome Airextremist!

Sounds like you are off to a great start! Please post pictures of the "before" process ~ we love pictures here!

Mrs. NorCal Bambi (traveling in S Tardis ~ from the Great State of Jefferson)
CaddyGrn is offline   Reply With Quote