Old 04-30-2008, 03:55 PM   #15
Rivet Master

2014 25' Flying Cloud
Cuddebackville , New York
Congrats! Based on what I've read about these projects, I'll bet you end up putting another $300 into it

Old 04-30-2008, 04:14 PM   #16
4 Rivet Member

1971 25' Tradewind
Surprise , Arizona
Saw yor pics, you've actualy got a lot to work with Make sure that if you get rid of anything that you let us now before you throw it out.

"Travelstar Galactica"

WBCCI #13317
AIR #25664
Member of the Four Corners Unit

The only true failure is the failure to try.
azfiredog300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 06:21 PM   #17
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Great find, and yes there is a little work to do, but she looks worth it to me.

Check out the forum classifieds and see if there is anything you could use, and let us know, many of us have parts sitting around (that sounds weird) and might be able to help you.

Good luck.

Marie
Old 04-30-2008, 06:39 PM   #18
Well Preserved

1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Unsolicited observations...

Quote:
Originally Posted by obxairstream
check my gallery.
I did, and saw some "stuff"...
1- The wing window that has been scabbed in is probably because 1969 was the only year that window was used. They are tough to find, and pricey. You can make an acceptable replacement out of Lexan, but it won't be quite the same as a glass window. Keep an eye on the classifieds here for one, you never know...
2- You have a Reese Dual Cam WD/sway control system, a good thing. We have a similar one on our Sovereign.
3-The round piece on the tongue between the ball coupler and the tongue jack is called a Reese Levelall, and contains two small adjustable bubble levels, left and right, and front and back.
4-We have a spare fridge vent cover for the outside of your trailer, if you need it, for postage. It's got a smallish hole in the side where the P.O. of our trailer mounted an antenna.
5-Get the gaskets and seal all your leaks before they cause a bout of floor rot.
Tradewinds are a good size, big but not too big. You have a blank slate, and a lot of work ahead of you. Look at rehabbing it like you would eat an elephant--one bite at a time, and eventually it will get done. Good luck.
Old 04-30-2008, 07:05 PM   #19
Rivet Master

1963 22' Safari
1955 26' Cruiser Overlander
Yakima Valley , Washington
Send a message via MSN to goransons
JenandGC is yours the front twin model with the fridge on the same side as the kitchen sink? Love to see some pictures of yours too.

obxairstream -

It looks like a 70 to me, since the 69 had a D shaped side window (only rounded on the top outside corner, yours are rounded on both corners, the bathroom had weird shape lights on either side of the bathroom mirror that were molded into the end cap, and I haven't ever seen a 69 with roll up cabinets inside. Still, what a steal, looks like it could become a great project. Did it include the bathroom parts or were they totally gone? A guy on ebay awhile back had all the bathroom parts (surround, medicine cabinet, tub etc) for sale, I know a couple of the other guys with 69's picked up some windows and end cap panels from him. PM me if you want the guy's contact info, have it around here somewhere.
Old 04-30-2008, 09:08 PM   #20
Renee

1964 24' Tradewind
Portage , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by obxairstream

I have a very wide range of mechanical experience and have built houses and movie/theatrical sets, so I am salivating over this like a JO-JO the idoit circus boy with a shiny new toy!
You also have what will serve you best during your upcoming project - a sense of humor!!

Congratulations and best of luck!
"20 years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."

Operation "Save Rudy" Strike Team (honorary member)
Felix'64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 05:23 PM   #21
1 Rivet Member

1969 25' Tradewind
Charlestown , Rhode Island
Yes, we have the twins up front with a foldout table, (we can seat eight for dinner!) and a goucho across from kitchen with sink, fridge and oven.

Ours does not have roll up cabinets, but it does still have the orginal dixie cup dispenser...

If I knew how to post pics I would--can anyone tell me?
Old 05-01-2008, 06:48 PM   #22
Rivet Master

1972 Argosy 20
Middletown , New Jersey
Karma sent! Looked at the pix you posted, you've got a big project, but it'll be a lot of fun. I'll echo what Terry said - sealing the seams and getting the shell watertight is job #1. Good luck, and post pix of your progress!

Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

TAC - NJ-007

bobfowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 05:25 PM   #23
'69 Tradewind 25'

1969 25' Tradewind
Manteo , North Carolina
Thankyou for all the good tips. I have ordered and am anxiously awaiting a large order of "goodies" from Inland RV due in on wednesday (thanks again Denise for all the help!). I am having a hard time holding off on wall scrubbing and floor repairs, but I had come to the same conclusion as many of you have pointed out. First things first. Seal the hull and gasket all hatches and doors first. Fortunately I have 3 wonderfull kids to keep me busy [3, 5, and almost 7] so its not like I'm sitting in the carport staring at it and mopeing like a lost puppy, and sighing over a concilatory glass of Kentucky corn squeezins.(Oh to have that kind of free time!)

Jon
obxairstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 05:32 PM   #24
Well Preserved

1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Hmm. Maybe two twins in front lengthwise, and a double midships for the adults in the group. You can use cushions to make the twins into a large dinette with a table between, which could drop into a channel for the third bed. Since the trailer is almost a shell, maybe you could work on a center bath for your trailer, this would keep the kids from walking through your bedroom to go potty.
Old 05-02-2008, 06:28 PM   #25
Rivet Master

1971 25' Tradewind
1993 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Estancia , New Mexico
Welcome,

Just to save you from all the blood sweat and tears I'll give you $350. What the heck because you're so nice I'll go whole hog and give you $399.
Old 05-02-2008, 09:39 PM   #26
'69 Tradewind 25'

1969 25' Tradewind
Manteo , North Carolina
$399?

You are gonna have to do better than that($399.00). I had a guy offer me $1200.00 before I even hooked it up to my old tired Ford!

Jon
Old 05-02-2008, 09:45 PM   #27
'69 Tradewind 25'

1969 25' Tradewind
Manteo , North Carolina
Here's a question. I brought my Tradewind home behind my 1990 Ford F150 (4.9 Straight 6) and couldn't even feel it behind me.Lumatic, I see you have yours behind a Cooper. I have a 2004 For freestar mini-van with a front wheel drive 4.3 six cylinder. With the weight dist. anti sway hitch do y'all think it'll pull it from here (OBX NC) through the mountains of PA?

Jon
Old 05-02-2008, 09:57 PM   #28
'69 Tradewind 25'

1969 25' Tradewind
Manteo , North Carolina
Bumper sticker.

I thought I would fill you in on my avatar photo. The sticker reads "If God meant for us to go nude we would have been born that way". It was on the trailer when I bought it. Any guesses on what kind of camp ground I had to go to to pick up my trailer?

Jon