Old 04-09-2012, 12:48 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2014 30' Classic
Columbus , Ohio
Newbie to the Forum

Greetings from an Airstream owner 'wannabe.' My husband and I want to purchase a 2010-2011 Flying Cloud or Classic 30'. We prefer euro recliner chairs. Please contact us? Thx!

Old 04-09-2012, 01:11 PM   #2

Vintage Kin Owner
... , ...
Welcome to the forum and good luck on your search. You might consider placing your request in our classifieds section. Here's a link.

WANTED - Trailers (All Years) - Airstream Trailer Classifieds - Airstreams Trailers For Sale

"You wouldn't worry so much about what others think of you if you realized how seldom they do."

Eleanor Roosevelt

Kevin245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 04:40 PM   #3
4 Rivet Member

2012 27' FB International
Denver , Colorado
Good luck and keep us all posted. You are certainly at the right place to find your AS and any questions you need answering.
WBCCI #4846, WBCCI DenCO Unit
Air #62992
Travel Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 05:11 PM   #4
kds
3 Rivet Member

2008 27' Safari FB SE
Frederickburg , Texas
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travel Bird View Post
Good luck and keep us all posted. You are certainly at the right place to find your AS and any questions you need answering.
Hey Anna, did you find an AS this weekend in FBG???? Hope you had a great time at the Easter Rally.

Kelly
Old 04-09-2012, 06:11 PM   #5
4 Rivet Member

2008 20' Safari
Tunnel Hill , Georgia
also check out www.rv.com it is a good reference for the price range of the model(s) you want to purchase.
welcome to the forums

Remember its not the destination, but rather the journey.... its what's in the middle that matters the most!
Bk Yd Safari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 01:04 PM   #6
4 Rivet Member

2012 27' FB International
Denver , Colorado
F'burg

Quote:
Originally Posted by kds View Post
Hey Anna, did you find an AS this weekend in FBG???? Hope you had a great time at the Easter Rally.

Kelly
Hey Kelly, did you get my PM I sent you on Monday?? Anna
WBCCI #4846, WBCCI DenCO Unit
Air #62992
Travel Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 05:57 PM   #7
4 Rivet Member

1972 27' Overlander
Penokee , Kansas
Welcome,, and good luck to find your dream.. Found the right spot as I think anyone with Airstream blood hits this site a lot..

If its not listed one might just land in your lap.. Your pick is just what model I would wish for if it was in our price range.

Sodbust

20mpg empty, 14 mpg with 27' Overlander.

Today is the first day of the rest of your life!
Sodbust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 07:52 PM   #8
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokomogoggy View Post
Greetings from an Airstream owner 'wannabe.' My husband and I want to purchase a 2010-2011 Flying Cloud or Classic 30'. We prefer euro recliner chairs. Please contact us? Thx!
Welcome! The layout of the 30 is one of my favorites. I'd prefer the International Serenity though. May I suggest that since you live within 100 miles of the Factory (Jackson Center) you take a Friday off to tour the factory. The guided tour gets you a look at everything that's on the line, and on Friday they MIGHT cut off production early so you can actually poke through many models in person. The difference between looking at pictures and seeing the units in person could change your mind about the model you like best... or confirm your original choice.

ONE word of serious advice. The skylights Airstream installs are pure crap. I've replaced mine with OEM - and have problems with the new one leaking again. I've made a temporary repair, and will be replacing it yet again with a non-factory upgrade that one of the other owners found on the forum. If you end up ordering a new unit, I'd seriously SERIOUSLY consider having it made without skylights - add an extra fantastic fan instead. If you buy used, figure the cost of replacing the skylights into your offer. Here's the link to show you what needs to be done. Of course if you find a unit where the owner has already put in maxims - you're golden!

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f455...hts-53517.html

Airstreams DO take a fair bit of maintenance around the seams - but so do SOB's and they depreciate a lot faster. Take your time, and CHECK THE FLOOR below the front and back windows VERY carefully.

Paula
Old 04-11-2012, 09:12 PM   #9
Rivet Master

2012 30' Flying Cloud
Grand Rabbits , Michigan
My wife and I just brought home a 2012 FC 30' last week. We chose the sofa option to help accomodate our four daughters, who apparently (and according to state law) are no longer allowed to sleep in the trunk. We finally had to let the rascals in and found it very comfortable..
O
So far, ony one minor fault on the camper: tHE bathroom INDIVCATIORLIHHGHT doesn't come on when igniters are burning for the WATER.
I
Old 04-13-2012, 04:29 PM   #10
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hibby View Post
My wife and I just brought home a 2012 FC 30' last week. We chose the sofa option to help accomodate our four daughters, who apparently (and according to state law) are no longer allowed to sleep in the trunk. We finally had to let the rascals in and found it very comfortable..
O
So far, ony one minor fault on the camper: tHE bathroom INDIVCATIORLIHHGHT doesn't come on when igniters are burning for the WATER.
I
Dear Hibby, the light comes on when the burner initially ignites then goes out after successfully igniting. It stays on if it fails to ignite (out of propane). You can hear it when it's actively heating.... low whooshing sound. Only needs about 10 minutes to heat the tank. Hope the kids are enjoying the sofa - and that their spines straighten out from the trunk curve shortly

Enjoy!

Paula