Old 11-01-2014, 02:42 PM   #1
Campin/Fishin Guy
1973 Argosy 22
Aurora , Illinois
Smile Newbie to forum from Illinois

I dragged home a 1973 Argosy 22 today. I have had a couple of popups and a couple of travel trailers over the years. Sold my 78 Shasta Daisy in March of 13 and have been camperless since then. I have been kinda looking for something for about a year now. Driving home from work a few days ago, there it was with a for Sale sign in the window. I could walk home from the guy selling it. Had never seen it there in the past. Clean Title, all the paperwork, owners manual etc.. No craigslist/Ebay scammers, there it is. Look at it and take it or leave it. After an hour inspection and finding nothing shocking at this point, I agreed to a very reasonable price and she is home. All appears to be as it left the factory. Complete with the gold shag carpet. No mouse Smell, decent cushions. One small spot in the floor by the door on the hinge side. All lights work except for a few marker lights, Electric brakes work, Tires are old and the factory axles appear to be frozen as to be expected. Will have to take a look at what dexter has to offer. I photographed the tag on the axle already. All glass is good, Lower paint has been repainted but the top appears to be from the factory. the Vin Plate has a small tape line, Did not check the water system or A/C Need to leave some suprises for the spring. Should make a decent camper for the short trips i take to the local fishing club and old Car and steam shows. The Gold carpet just had to go so I started molesting it today and removed it Wanted to get a better look at the floor anyway. No bad rot that I have seen. Will save for a pattern for the new sheet flooring. Carpet and camping do not mix to me anyway. Wish me luck as I start the insane journey of cleaning it up and making it fit to use again. Thanks for having me in your group. I am from the peoples republic of Illinois where all our governors spend 3 terms. 2 in office and one in Jail. Happy campin everyone. Bill

Bill P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 03:17 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1986 34' Limited
1966 24' Tradewind
Conifer , Colorado
Hi Bill, Welcome and congratulations on your new Argosy. I can imagine it will be perfect for your intended use. I agree about the old carpet. Not a good floor covering for a camper. Sounds like your new old trailer is in pretty good shape.

You will find Air Forum members very knowledgeable on all things Airstream. I certainly have. Don't hesitate to find a category and ask a question, e.g how does this dang water heater work.

Happy travels,

dbj216 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 07:20 PM   #3
3 Rivet Member
Vintage Kin Owner
Bartlett , Illinois
Welcome Bill. Congrats on the new Argosy. Sounds like a nice trailer.
We meet again. I just bought a 51 Silver Streak Clipper. But I will be keeping one of my teardrops and selling the other. Maybe now you can join the group at a gathering again. We have had some good times with Tim and Adrianne and I always ask if you will be joining us again. So no excuse now!

Good luck with the new trailer and see you when it gets warm!

Steve (Woodbutcher)
Bluestar99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 08:03 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1986 34' Limited
1966 24' Tradewind
Conifer , Colorado
Here is my old 66 Trade Wind. It is a Minnesota trailer, owned by a fella who was an avid trapper. (Not my thing at all.) This trailer has seen some interesting outdoor adventures for sure.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1410 In Leaves.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	670.8 KB
ID:	225535  
dbj216 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 08:41 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2010 25' FB Flying Cloud
Davenport , Iowa
Hi Bill; Welcome aboard. Looks like you have a good find and project or hobby.
If you are interested, there are a "bunch" of Forum members that meet twice a year in your area. We had 14 units at our last rally. We will be meeting again in May at Lowden SP in Oregon Illinois. Watch the forum for updates.
Hope to see you in the spring.
Airtandem is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 08:54 PM   #6

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
Greetings from the Florida Panhandle

Welcome to the Forums. We're glad to have you with us. Congratulations on the new baby. We would love to see pictures of her.
SuEllyn & Brian McCabe
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with HAHA
2005 Suburban 2500 Quadrasteer (Olivia) & 2011 Silverado 3500 (Fred) with Outfitter Truck Camper (Ethel)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 04:10 AM   #7
Site Team

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Welcome, Bill.

There is a long-standing, annual, Forums rally at Moraine View State Park near Leroy the second weekend in June every year, too, so watch for that one, as well.

A good group of folks, lots of trailers to peruse, potlucks, etc.

When you're ready to be on the safe.

🏡 🚐 Cherish and appreciate those you love. This moment could be your last.🌹🐚❤️
Lily&Me is offline   Reply With Quote