Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-13-2016, 10:11 AM   #21
Rivet Master

1971 25' Tradewind
1993 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Estancia , New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow Creek View Post
FWIW, the trailer is a 2012 and our budget is into the 50K area.

I'm a trusting person at heart but I'd hate to let my guard down at the wrong time.
In this case I would not commit without being able to inspect it before full payment. But I bought my 93 locally when (at least the seller stated) there was an out of state buyer who wanted to come and see it, but had not put down a deposit.
Old 03-14-2016, 11:57 AM   #22
3 Rivet Member

2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Parker , Colorado
One item that hasn't been discussed: Does the seller own it outright or is there a loan on it? I bought mine from a PO that had a loan. I requested to deal directly with the credit union. Had my bank wire the money to the credit union, sent the remainder to the seller. The lender controlled the title so I was comfortable, sent it to me directly. Got a copy of the sellers drivers license beforehand, and verified his address through internet sources. All of these steps should insure a clean transaction, or the escrow service. But beware if the bill of sale they provide says "as is, where is, with no warranty express or implied". Ask to see it first.
But I would still go visit it.
Old 03-14-2016, 10:19 PM   #23
2 Rivet Member

San Jose , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfrez View Post
One item that hasn't been discussed: Does the seller own it outright or is there a loan on it? I bought mine from a PO that had a loan. I requested to deal directly with the credit union. Had my bank wire the money to the credit union, sent the remainder to the seller. The lender controlled the title so I was comfortable, sent it to me directly. Got a copy of the sellers drivers license beforehand, and verified his address through internet sources. All of these steps should insure a clean transaction, or the escrow service. But beware if the bill of sale they provide says "as is, where is, with no warranty express or implied". Ask to see it first.
But I would still go visit it.
Thanks for the great advice. I found out the seller sold it to someone else so this particular deal is dead.

However seeing as we're still shopping nationwide, all the great help you and others have provided will be very valuable to us down the road.

I'll be sure to keep everyone apprised of all the twists and turns.

Thanks all!
Snow Creek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 03:01 AM   #24
Rivet Master

2013 31' Classic
billings , Montana
I have found if you wait too long , it will be gone, have you tried the classifieds here....
tjdonahoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 10:46 PM   #25
2 Rivet Member

San Jose , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjdonahoe View Post
I have found if you wait too long , it will be gone, have you tried the classifieds here....
We just registered with airstreamclassifieds. Thanks!
Old 03-17-2016, 07:23 AM   #26
Rivet Master

2013 31' Classic
billings , Montana
Quote:
We just registered with airstreamclassifieds. Thanks!
Check out your local dealers like in los banos, I bought one there, it was on consignment....
tjdonahoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 12:37 AM   #27
2 Rivet Member

San Jose , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjdonahoe View Post
Check out your local dealers like in los banos, I bought one there, it was on consignment....
Yes, we've been up there and the salesperson is on the lookout for us. We also keep in contact with a few other dealers.

Thanks!
Old 03-18-2016, 09:40 PM   #28
2 Rivet Member

San Jose , California
Quote:
I found this link... a general discussion about escrow services:

http://www.dmv.org/articles/escrow-a...ing-a-vehicle/

Thanks again everybody.
This link might also be useful for those in the same boat as we are... escrow.com:

https://www.escrow.com/?l=b&utm_expi...-5zfwNoXeLNQ.1
Old 06-28-2020, 12:13 PM   #29

Huntingtown , Maryland
Hi I am looking at a 1999 25' Safari in GA/near JAX. I live in Washington DC and would like it checked out prior to me buying it. My friend, who is very active in Airstreams, would look at trailers in the Roanoke VA area for people who live far away. How do I find someone who would go the Douglasville GA in the next few days to inspect the overall condition of the trailer?

thanks
Gail
evrgem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 12:15 PM   #30

Huntingtown , Maryland
Need inspection in Douglasville GA ASAP

Hi I am looking at a 1999 25' Safari in GA/near JAX. I live in Washington DC and would like it checked out prior to me buying it. My friend, who is very active in Airstreams, would look at trailers in the Roanoke VA area for people who live far away. How do I find someone who would go the Douglasville GA in the next few days to inspect the overall condition of the trailer?

thanks
Gail
Old 06-28-2020, 12:41 PM   #31

Huntingtown , Maryland
inspection help needed Douglasville GA

thanks
Gail
Old 06-28-2020, 12:45 PM   #32

Huntingtown , Maryland
sorry for the multiple post....Tech Turkey!!! I am just bad!