Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-30-2006, 12:16 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1962 26' Overlander
myrtle beach , South Carolina
newbie - introduction - jhelion

Hi All -
just got my first airstream - I say that because I know there will be at least several more. I have been enamoured with the airstream since birth, but probably first acknowledged during high school. I had no marital justification for an airstream until moving to a high sierra city and listening to my better half opine about camping and bears. "Well, our pop-up won't do - we'll need something more sturdy." We got a '62 overlander, in fantastic shape thanks to the PO (STEVE!!!!!!). We have some cosmetic updates, the wife is going nuts on ebay, but over all we are ready to roll. I have perused this forum almost every night since I got the fever. I want to polish, everyone I tell says to have someone do it. Guh!!!!
jhelion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 12:37 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1960 22' Safari
in the wilderness , The great Mojave Desert
Welcome in and congradulations. It's your canvas and you are the artist so do what makes you happy. Enjoy.

Now post some pictures please. I'd like to see it.

WBCCI 3344 FCU
AIR# 13896
CA 4

Yes, we have courtesy parking for you. About an hour North of Los Angeles.
Goin camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 12:43 AM   #3
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
Placerville , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhelion
Hi All -
just got my first airstream - I say that because I know there will be at least several more. I have been enamoured with the airstream since birth, but probably first acknowledged during high school. I had no marital justification for an airstream until moving to a high sierra city and listening to my better half opine about camping and bears. "Well, our pop-up won't do - we'll need something more sturdy." We got a '62 overlander, in fantastic shape thanks to the PO (STEVE!!!!!!). We have some cosmetic updates, the wife is going nuts on ebay, but over all we are ready to roll. I have perused this forum almost every night since I got the fever. I want to polish, everyone I tell says to have someone do it. Guh!!!!
Welcome; We are sorta new too and live over the hill from you in Placerville with our '66 Tradewind. Perhaps we may sometime settle into the sme campground and watch the other SOB (some other brand) campers envy us. We lived in Washoe Valley from '78 to '86 so we know the high mountains well when we had a pop-up to. You will love this forum.
Neil.
FreshAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 07:20 AM   #4
Rivet Master

1958 22' Flying Cloud
1956 30' Sovereign of the Road
1963 16' Bambi
Southeastern Area , Tennessee
Congratualations!

Welcome to the forum, jhelion! You are going to love this new endeavor. Its great to find a vintage AS in wonderful condition. How cool is that! Yes, pics, get some photos out there. We all love to compare our vintage trailers and I have learned SO much in doing so. The more you share, the more you learn in return. I just got a 1960 Tradewind a few weeks ago. The Airstream history is facinating, especially around the first years of the Ohio factory operation. About polishing, my PO had polished the TW several months before I acquired it. In all honesty, he said he would never polish another again, no mater how much money was offered! I do plan to wash and buff mine at least once before a pro handles it . . . . its just got to be a good bonding experience.
Sugarfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 05:03 PM   #5
Rivet Master

1963 16' Bambi
1962 22' Safari
Yreka , California
Welcome!

Welcome to the forums! Airsteams rule! You will find all the answers you need to any questions here!

But, even better than our wonderful 'streams.... are the great folks who own them! Be sure and sign up for a rally (forum rallys are great!) soon! Bring your trailer and be sure to be prepared to give everyone a tour! Our first time out with ours was during restoration and we had a bare shell and new floor. The inside shell wasn't even all back on! But we had a great time!

Mrs. NorCal Bambi (traveling in S Tardis)
CaddyGrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 07:59 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
St. Cloud , Minnesota
Welcomes abound

Ahh, such enthusiasm! Almost as if we didn't need to have mods bring people into the fold ... .

jhelion, I hope you enjoy your project, document it with pics and post back here often.

5 meter Langford Nahanni

CanoeStream is offline   Reply With Quote