Old 03-02-2011, 08:02 PM   #43
3 Rivet Member

1985 31' Excella
Crescent , Oklahoma
I dont know anything about clubs but I think it would be fun to have something in oklahoma. I'm sure we'd be in.

Old 03-03-2011, 03:21 PM   #44
2 Rivet Member

1964 24' Tradewind
Stillwater , Oklahoma
I haven't joined any of the clubs yet, not that I'm opposed to it! Some one care to explain the diff between WBCCI and TAC?

Old 03-03-2011, 03:37 PM   #45
Addicted

1971 27' Overlander
Currently In: Skowhegan , ME
I can explain TAC, but I won't explain the WB, as it would likely offend those who are members. Basically TAC was recently formed (i.e. past 2 years) as an "alternative" to the WBCCI (but not necessarily against the WB, if that makes sense...there are plenty of members who belong to both). Our mission statement is to simply have fun with our Airstreams...nothing more, nothing less. We currently have over 450 members scattered across the US, Canada and a few overseas, and the core members are very active putting together various rallies all over (for example I'm currently working on a Walt Disney World/Fort Wilderness TAC rally for either this fall or Spring of 2012). If you go to the rally page on our website (Rallies - The Airstreamer's Club) you'll see all of the rallies planned for 2011 (so far).

I think the biggest differentiator between the two groups are cost/rules and demographics. Our group is built around everybody having fun -- families included. Another point is that we tend to be "younger" on average than the members of the WB (again, just on average, I'm not saying that there aren't plenty of younger members that belong to the WBCCI). When we did all of our research into the WBCCI, we found that there just wasn't enough going on in our specific area, and that the majority of the events weren't exactly family friendly (mostly because of the timing of events). To each his/her own, but it just wasn't for us, and we decided to join TAC. Being such a young, flexible club (in age, not demographics) it has really allowed us to really get what we want out of a camping club.

Visit our crazy full-timing blog (us,kids and dogs living the dream): http://www.airstreamingdreaming.com/

Join us at the TAC Walt Disney World Rally, November 4th - 10th, 2012: http://www.theairstreamersclub.org/rallies/tac-fw-wdw
exthemius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 05:46 PM   #46
3 Rivet Member

1985 31' Excella
Crescent , Oklahoma
I joined TAC last night, have'nt heard back. I guess they will let me know.
Old 03-03-2011, 06:14 PM   #47
Addicted

1971 27' Overlander
Currently In: Skowhegan , ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by lahrfarm View Post
My wife does the memberships, so I'll tell her to process it right now.

Visit our crazy full-timing blog (us,kids and dogs living the dream): http://www.airstreamingdreaming.com/

Join us at the TAC Walt Disney World Rally, November 4th - 10th, 2012: http://www.theairstreamersclub.org/rallies/tac-fw-wdw
exthemius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 06:33 PM   #48
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Waiting to Escape.... , Somewhere between sanity and insanity ... on the brink of both.
Nag, nag, nag...

If you check your email you will find your ID.....

TAC OK-42

Come See Minnie Mouse at the TAC Walt Disney World Fort Wilderness Rally
http://airstreamingdreaming.blogspot.com

"Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'." - The Shawshank Redemption
]
rebelstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 06:58 PM   #49
3 Rivet Member

1985 31' Excella
Crescent , Oklahoma
Thanks! I'm excited to be a member!
Old 03-03-2011, 07:52 PM   #50
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Waiting to Escape.... , Somewhere between sanity and insanity ... on the brink of both.
you are most welcome!

TAC OK-42

]
Old 03-04-2011, 09:12 AM   #51
2 Rivet Member

1963 22' Safari
Tulsa , Oklahoma
Tulsa represent !

Would love to get together with other forum members in the area.
Old 03-04-2011, 12:03 PM   #52
2 Rivet Member

1964 24' Tradewind
Stillwater , Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by lahrfarm View Post
I just joined too. Is there really no membership fee with TAC?
Old 03-04-2011, 12:13 PM   #53
2 Rivet Member

1964 24' Tradewind
Stillwater , Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by exthemius View Post
I can explain TAC, but I won't explain the WB, as it would likely offend those who are members. Basically TAC was recently formed (i.e. past 2 years) as an "alternative" to the WBCCI (but not necessarily against the WB, if that makes sense...there are plenty of members who belong to both). Our mission statement is to simply have fun with our Airstreams...nothing more, nothing less. We currently have over 450 members scattered across the US, Canada and a few overseas, and the core members are very active putting together various rallies all over (for example I'm currently working on a Walt Disney World/Fort Wilderness TAC rally for either this fall or Spring of 2012). If you go to the rally page on our website (Rallies - The Airstreamer's Club) you'll see all of the rallies planned for 2011 (so far).

I think the biggest differentiator between the two groups are cost/rules and demographics. Our group is built around everybody having fun -- families included. Another point is that we tend to be "younger" on average than the members of the WB (again, just on average, I'm not saying that there aren't plenty of younger members that belong to the WBCCI). When we did all of our research into the WBCCI, we found that there just wasn't enough going on in our specific area, and that the majority of the events weren't exactly family friendly (mostly because of the timing of events). To each his/her own, but it just wasn't for us, and we decided to join TAC. Being such a young, flexible club (in age, not demographics) it has really allowed us to really get what we want out of a camping club.
Thanks for the info. I don't have a bad thing to say about WBCCI, and the lady from the OK unit has been NOTHING but sweet to me. But, I got the impression that there wasn't much to offer for someone my age/demographic. It also sounded like many of the activities were during times that I am working so I was hesitant to fork out the $$ to join the club. Perhaps TAC is a better option for me at this time.
Old 03-04-2011, 12:30 PM   #54
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabasco View Post
Thanks for the info. I don't have a bad thing to say about WBCCI, and the lady from the OK unit has been NOTHING but sweet to me. But, I got the impression that there wasn't much to offer for someone my age/demographic. It also sounded like many of the activities were during times that I am working so I was hesitant to fork out the $$ to join the club. Perhaps TAC is a better option for me at this time.
We (exthemius and I) personally don't have anything against The WBCCI either. We have talked to a few from the OK chapter and might have joined but there was nothing for a family with young children. The demographics in OK just weren't in our favor.

TAC is free now, but we just had a vote for legal incorporation and the members voted for dues. However this is in the very early stages and nothing has been decided. Check out the private forum for TAC to get up to date on the happening. Check out the links here:

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f522/

TAC OK-42

]
Old 03-07-2011, 10:01 AM   #55
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
We would be pleased to have you join AIR-Midwest. We are simply a club of midwestern Airstream owners that like to gather and camp together. There is the rally in Branson that we do twice a year next month in Branson, and several other folks from Oklahoma are going to be there.

We are strictly an Airforums club. No numbers or membership costs. You can join as many clubs as you like here on AIRforums....we don't mind folks being members of other groups.

Steve
Old 08-18-2011, 04:23 PM   #56
2 Rivet Member

1964 24' Tradewind
Stillwater , Oklahoma
Just checkin in, its been a crazy summer for me. I still haven't gotten to take the AS out for the maiden voyage yet, but it's getting close!

I have all but 2 curtain panels sewn.
Got the AC working!! (thank the Lord, the AC unit was fine it was just a blown fuse!)
Fixed the awning (another thanks the Lord, I was certain it would need replaced.)
Had Allied Foam in OKC cut me all new cushions for the couch and bunks. Bunks have been reupholstered and I'm working on the couch now.

Hope everyone else doing well and getting some camping in!