Old 10-24-2015, 08:53 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member
1965 17' Caravel
Hull , Massachusetts
Newbie in Massachusetts Black water tank

I am an owner of a 1965 Caravelle and will be looking to the community for guidance and expertise on fixing up my AS. I have been reading the postings in the forum for a year now and I am at a position where I can somewhat intelligently explain my repair needs and get advice on how to proceed. The generosity of the members to share their knowledge is reassuring to me and I hope I don't become a pest.

There is floor rot along the rear channel in the wet area. Which I will remove and replace. My first question has to do with the black water tank. I drilled out the rivets to the rear belly wrap and dropped it. The wrap looks as if had been removed before. I expected to see the black water tank but only found the waste line running from the sink and shower drain. Pictures included. My question is, is the black water tank above the floor but below the molded raised area where the toilet (picture enclosed)located or was it removed?

Since, I believe will have to pull the overhead storage, refrigerator, sink, stove, heater, hot water heater and wardrobe to remove the one piece bath area I will be back seeking your knowledge.

Thanks in advance

repairsart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 03:06 PM   #2
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
North central , Florida
Probably above the floor as on some new models.

1984 Avion 30p 9.1 meter. 2006 Dodge 3500 cummins srw short bed crew cab.
avionstream is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 05:09 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
If the toilet is sitting on a riser above the floor level that is the tank.
2004 Excursion 4x4
1991 34 ft. Excella +220,000 miles, new laminated flooring, new upholstery, new 3200 lbs axles

HowieE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 05:14 PM   #4
Rivet Master
1959 26' Overlander
Western , Massachusetts
There's no picture attached, but that is where the tank goes. Yes, there is quite a bit of removal needed to get the one-piece bath out.

If I remember correctly, C Johnson had a new tank made that was larger than the original, taking up some space in the base of the adjacent closet. I took a quick look and didn't find it in his thread.

In case you are unaware, there is a sub-forum devoted to '65 Caravels. It's here. There is a gold mine of information there. Happy hunting.
65CV is offline   Reply With Quote