Old 10-24-2009, 11:34 AM   #15
2 Rivet Member

2012 19' International
1986 25' Sovereign
St. Tammany , Louisiana
Aaron, thanks so much for the info. Will check it out. Also used to live in Luling many years ago! BTW, how do you like the 23' Safari? Do you feel cramped or is it "just right"?

Old 10-24-2009, 11:37 AM   #16
2 Rivet Member

2012 19' International
1986 25' Sovereign
St. Tammany , Louisiana
Thanks to all for the advice!

Just a quick note to say thanks to everyone who has responded. Will stay in touch as I continue to search for the right fit. Have a wonderful weekend! Sandy

Old 10-25-2009, 08:48 AM   #17
2 Rivet Member

1973 23' Safari
LULING , Louisiana
Sandy, We love our Safari. It is a bit tight with three kids but I'll remedy that when I put two bunks in. When we got our Safari it was a deal we couldn't pass up. If I had the choice I would have went with a larger unit but with a little ingenuity we're making due. On another note. Except for a trip to San Diego MCRD I have lived in Luling for 43 years. Where about did you live?
Aaron
Old 10-25-2009, 01:13 PM   #18
Rivet Master

2005 30' Classic
Burlington , Ontario
Sandy,

Many thanks for those helpful tips!

Every year, a couple of months before we head south in the winter, I set up a word processing document wherein I try to capture all kinds of stuff I have learned from guide books, internet, etc etc to include possible places to visit, recommended places to stay or eat, and festivals or fairs, big flea markets & such that might be on when we are in the area.

Of course we don't always do all the stuff I have collected, but it is always a handy single source reference that I use many times dyring our trip.

I will certainly be adding your comments to my list!

I had heard about Mulate's & plan to visit!

There was also some restaurant I heard about in Mamou that I think is only open Saturday's that sounded a great spot for brunch and good music.

Best of luck in your search for an AS. We only bought ours last Fall but so far are very happy with it. Did have to buy a bigger truck to pull it though as I felt our half ton was marginal - and I don't like marginal!

Our trailer however being only a few years old is much heavier that earlier models for the same (31') length.

Brian.

2005 Classic 30'
Hensley Arrow / Centramatics
2008 GMC Sierra SLT 2500HD,4x4,Crew Cab, Diesel, Leer cap.
Wingeezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 12:01 PM   #19
2 Rivet Member

2012 19' International
1986 25' Sovereign
St. Tammany , Louisiana
Luling

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaumpine View Post
Sandy, We love our Safari. It is a bit tight with three kids but I'll remedy that when I put two bunks in. When we got our Safari it was a deal we couldn't pass up. If I had the choice I would have went with a larger unit but with a little ingenuity we're making due. On another note. Except for a trip to San Diego MCRD I have lived in Luling for 43 years. Where about did you live?
Aaron
Hey Aaron,

Used to live in Mimosa Park years and years ago. No Wal-Mart, Subway, etc. back then!

Trying to get over to Wiggins to look for that sign you told me about. Will update with info if I can ever make it there! Thanks again.

Sandy