Old 03-19-2013, 05:14 PM   #15
2 Rivet Member
2007 27' Classic FB
London , Ontario
Newbie thanks you all

What great advice you all have passed on. I am taking something from all of your insights. MrUKToad, I remember seeing your blog about your first trip and the dent. I will remember that when we go to Rondeau this summer. I also liked the idea of downloading the manual ahead of time. And have purchased a copy of Newbies Guide to Airstreaming which I have read about a 100 times. We will be staying at Can Am over the weekend when we pick it up, just to make sure all is well. They have great and took part in the first seminar in March. Met great people and new friends.

Doug&Maggie how do you know this? It sounds like a story worth repeating.

You have convinced me to go out and get longer 30 amp cords. Which we will be doing the first weekend.
Protagonist I anticipate boondocking for at least 1 week a year (one of the reasons I bought the Airstream - the other being our annual trips to the east coast with some of the drive across the interior of New Brunswick - basically paved logging roads)
so your suggestions to get comfortable with the holding tanks is appreciated.

Woosch My question is how large is the fresh water tank on this unit? Sometimes I read 54 gallons, others 39?

boomerBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 05:28 PM   #16
Site Team

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
We had the dealer where we bought our Interstate on speed dial for a month or so after we bought it.

We not only didn't understand how to do some of the basic operations, he didn't show us where the hot water tank access was for winterization. Not in the manual, no way in hell a newbie would find it on their own.

Our toilet also leaked immediately, and we made three trips back before it was fixed properly. Come to find out, there was a pipe cut too short, thus the leak. After doing who-knows-what the first few times, he finally replaced it with a flexible pipe, no more problems.

Dealer was over an hour away, had to leave the Interstate and return for it THREE times.

Seriously, stay overnight with it at the dealer, at least. It will be worth the time it takes and there will be someone there to answer questions and show you what you need to know.

🏡 🚐 Cherish and appreciate those you love. This moment could be your last.🌹🐚❤️
Lily&Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 06:39 PM   #17
2 Rivet Member
2007 27' Classic FB
London , Ontario
Fortunately we live 15 minutes away from the dealer and though my wife is a little hesitant bout staying over night I am looking forward to the experience. We will try and stock it with things we will leave in the trailer.
boomerBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 07:27 PM   #18
4 Rivet Member
1988 32' Excella
Bonita , California
Don't forget the roof vents. They tend to blow off while going down the hwy when left up.

Happiness only real when shared.
Christopher Johnson McCandless
2/12/68 - 8/18/92
RUMSHIP is offline   Reply With Quote