Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-30-2006, 09:03 AM   #1

2006 19' International CCD
newport , Rhode Island

Hi
My partner and I are brand new owners of a 19' Bambi CCD. Looking forward to dry camping and seeing the beautiful US in our airstream. nervous and excited. Backing in doesn't thrill me nor learning all the componenets so i don't break anything has me overwhelmed. Any tips are greatly appreciated. I live in Rhode Island and would liek to know if anyone has any great spots for dry camping.
lifizgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 09:10 AM   #2
Rivet Master

NOVA SCOTIA , CANADA
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifizgood
Hi
My partner and I are brand new owners of a 19' Bambi CCD. Looking forward to dry camping and seeing the beautiful US in our airstream. nervous and excited. Backing in doesn't thrill me nor learning all the componenets so i don't break anything has me overwhelmed. Any tips are greatly appreciated. I live in Rhode Island and would liek to know if anyone has any great spots for dry camping.

Welcome to the forums and congrats on your purchase.Don't forget,you have another beautiful and friendly country just to the north of you to explore.

AIR #7916
Ex WBCCI #32083
streamer23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 09:21 AM   #3

2006 19' International CCD
newport , Rhode Island
hi mike
thank you
actually i am exploring canada next summer!! Any suggestions?
lifizgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 09:24 AM   #4
Rivet Master

NOVA SCOTIA , CANADA
Quote:
hi mike
thank you
actually i am exploring canada next summer!! Any suggestions?

Well,Nova Scotia of course.I'll private message you shortly with some suggestions.

AIR #7916
Ex WBCCI #32083
streamer23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 09:28 AM   #5
Mel
Rivet Master

1967 22' Safari
1960 Caravel
Edmonds , Washington
Welcome to the forums, and congratulations on your new CCD! You have many wonderful adventures ahead of you! Let us know what specific components are making you nervous - I'm sure for every one of them, members have come up with tips that would help you out!
Old 08-30-2006, 10:22 AM   #6

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
Welcome to the Forums and Airstreaming. The answers to all yourconcerns are here. The backing of the trailer will come with practice.
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with ProPride
2020 Silverado 2500 (Vivian)
2023 Rivian R1T (Opal)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 01:00 PM   #7
Rivet Master

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Sunnyvale , California
Send a message via AIM to Condoluminum
Best tips come from hanging with owners...

Welcome and congrats on new CCD.. While the owners manual and other documentation are good, there is nothing like multiple conversations with other owners and looking at how they handle theirs...

Allow me to plug (from 3,000 miles away!) either the option to contact other local members like BillTex and others in RI and southern Mass by Private Message, or the opportunity to drop in on a rally or gathering like one being hosted by the New England Unit of WBCCI. I don't think they'd make you join to visit a rally, and talking to a dozen or two members and seeing their setups and tips would be really valuable...

John McG

p.s. Just spent week (and rainy weekend) in South County RI looking across at Block Island... A good beach day in RI is not to be wasted...

In Theory, there's no difference between Theory and Practice, but in Practice, there is usually a difference...
Condoluminum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 05:29 PM   #8
Rivet Master

2006 30' Classic
Farmington , New Mexico
Quote:
Hi
lifizgood---one of the best ways to learn the basic in's and out's of Rving is to travel or take a short trip with a friend who has an rv. A short 2 trailer caravan can teach you more in a weekend that all the reading in the world. We recently did this with some friends who just bought a trailer. -----pieman
Mike Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 06:32 PM   #9
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Huntington Beach , California
Group travel

lifisgood,

I go along with Mike lewis, travel with a few friends, and if possible, other Airstreamers. Your learning curve will accelerate while enjoying some great companionship. The forum is a great place to meet and plan small get togethers. There is always someone ready to take off and enjoy the outdoors.

John
TIMEMACHINE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 10:04 PM   #10
Rivet Master

1972 25' Tradewind
North Vancouver , British Columbia
Welcome to the forum! When you finish with Novia Scotia, be sure to head over to the other end of Canada and visit British Columbia! Oh, and post pics of your new trailer. We love pictures!
cameront120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 10:15 PM   #11
Rivet Master

1963 16' Bambi
1962 22' Safari
Yreka , California
Welcome!

Welcome to the forums and the great world of Airstreaming! You will probably find that Airstreamers are wonderful folks! If you look at the top of the page when you log on you will see tabs at the top left. Check on forums, then when the various forums listing page loads, scroll down and look a the boondocking section. There are postings by general geographical area. Many of them have great information.

http://www.airforums.com/forums/

Good luck and have a great time in your 'stream! Be prepared, however, anywhere you go with your new Bambi. People love to look inside at Airstreams!

Mrs. NorCal Bambi (traveling in S Tardis)
CaddyGrn is offline   Reply With Quote