Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-08-2010, 07:05 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1967 22' Safari
eatonton , Georgia
newbie - 1967 Safari

i just wanted to say thx for the welcome and this site is great. i am a 35 yr old that was disabled ten years ago due to terminal heart failure and i recently decided that i would like to take to the road so i purchased a 1967 safari airstream and was working on getting it in top shape but had another stroke last month so regretfully i doubt that my dream is going to come true and that the (southern bell) aka my safari will find a good home to go to but regardless of her outcome i will remain a member of this community if noone minds just for the principal of it. i have been reading threw the threads and love the way the streamers help each other out. i would like to find out if anyone has a registry book for 1967 i have the outline of the numbers 20948 on bell and would like her history if someone can locate anything i would greatly appreciate it
drewspires is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 07:33 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
St. Cloud , Minnesota
Hi drewspires -- welcome to the forums!

From R.J. Dial's site, '67 Safaris would have a VIN with format:
Ohio | O 22 7 J NNN
California | O 22 7 S NNN

(NNN = sequential production number)
Was 20948 a red WBCCI number on the end cap? That might identify a previous owner. ... but would be specific to an unknown year in which they had a membership. It is possible to trace these.

streamer23 has a lot of the old WBCCI annual directories. Click to open his profile page (my link at the start of this paragraph), select the 'Contact Info' tab and send him a private message. We try to protect privacy of our members or anyone -- WBCCI members in this case -- and not identify specific individuals in the open forum. streamer23 has been most helpful!

5 meter Langford Nahanni

CanoeStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 07:36 PM   #3
3 Rivet Member

1972 31' Sovereign
Hattiesburg , Ms
Send a message via AIM to gutsgolf Send a message via Skype™ to gutsgolf
Welcome aboard

Welcome, I am a charter member of the sternam zipper club. I had a 6 way by pass in 99 . Put it off they told wife I could not make the 3 days i wanted to wait. but all ok. I you need any parts or I can help you in anyway let me know I will do what I can. The forum is a great place to meet and interact with others
Good luck
"Silver Belle"
AS 16741
gutsgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 07:59 PM   #4
Site Team

1974 31' Sovereign
Ottawa , ON
drewspires,

Welcome to airforums.com!

I know what you mean, this place is just plenty of fun to read. But I wouldn't give up on your '67 in too much of a hurry (unless you need to), you may find the Providence helps you out in some unexpected way.
Old 11-08-2010, 10:33 PM   #5
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
1995 34' Excella
Lynchburg , Virginia
Drewspires

Welcome to the forum.

We are all over the hill in one regard or another. But like a plaque on a co-workers wall said "... but I don't ever remember being on top"

Don't ever give up. Don't ever ever give up. Jimmy V said that or something similar and I agree.

Hang in there. We will help you if we can.

Dan
TouringDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 06:16 AM   #6
1 Rivet Member

1967 22' Safari
eatonton , Georgia
thx again

Thanks to everyone that replied to my post. I will contact streamer23 about the numbers they are located on the back of my air above the rear window but unfortunalty the numbers have been removed all that is left is a clear outline. I still have along way to go to get her road worthy and hopefully if my health maintains its current recovery rate i might be able to get back to work on her real soon. I am really looking for the history of her travel history more the anything else but she is a 22 ft safari double bed made in jackson center this much i do know. The previous owners took beautiful care of her until the last owner died and she has set under estate until she was bidded on and destined for the graveyard and i managed to make an offer that got her brought home with me. And in reference to her name and statute of gender it took that calling due to the fact that it reminded me so much of my ex wife. It is quite beautiful and carries rare qualities that are hard to find but just like any women she was hard to get and grumpy the first day or to trying to get her home. It has been a battle and i have kept an eye on it for years and finally got it now just gotta find a couple of faucets for the shower and kitchen sink and have finally gotten the whole water system up and redone trying to keep as much as possible of the originality. If anywone can help i have the water lines fixed but know when i run the water to her the lines pressure up good an she fills up the fresh water tank the goes to pouring water out of the fresh water tank cap. It looks like it is supposed to have some type of seal in it but unfortunatly there is just the cap that screws down to the nozzle head.
Old 11-09-2010, 07:00 AM   #7
1 Rivet Member

1967 22' Safari
eatonton , Georgia
contacting streamer 23

i was readding replies and i clicked on the contact info for streamer23 to send a private message in regards to trying to locate info on my airstream numbers and see what history it contains but unfortunatly i couldnt figure out how to contact him from member listing it took me to but if anyone can help the outline number is 20948 and there are no numbers left so no idea of color and they are located over the back window and there is also an old outline of a sticker above that that appears to be round my air stream is a 1967 double bed safari 22ft built in jackson center
Old 11-09-2010, 07:10 AM   #8
Rivet Master

1967 22' Safari
1960 Caravel
Edmonds , Washington
There should be a shut off valve between the main water system and the water tank to keep it from back filling. Looking from the back mine is located about 3 feet to the left along the wall. It's a stretch to get to it. Yours may be in a different spot.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Airstream manual 56.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	269.7 KB
ID:	114830  

1973 F-250 4X4 390
1965 Chevy Suburban 454
AIR 6030
WBCCI 4258
TCT

silverleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 08:19 AM   #9
Rivet Master

1966 22' Safari
Hilltop Lakes , Texas
Fresh water fill valve location

On our '66 22' Safari twin, the valve to fill (or in your case not fill) the fresh water tank is located under the very forward end of the street side twin bed. Maybe the location is the same on your '67.

With that valve closed, the water system operates from the exterior connection in the rear trunk, without filling the tank. The valve is there in case you want to fill the tank from that source instead of dragging a hose around to the front of the trailer.

Owner's manual warns that you should remove the cap from the exterior filler neck before you fill the tank from the pressure system using this valve.

Find the valve and close it, and you should be fine.
mimiandrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 09:40 AM   #10
1 Rivet Member

1967 22' Safari
eatonton , Georgia
thx guys will give that a try and see what happens
Old 11-09-2010, 10:58 AM   #11
1 Rivet Member

1967 22' Safari
eatonton , Georgia
ok guys i have an update to the 67 i bought it was in fact a member of the wbcc at some point i found a sticker above the front window that had been removed but was still partially readable from the imprint and it says wally byam carivan club so now just tracking its history. any help is greatly appreciated ahead of time the number again is 20948

Tags
1967, 1967 safari