Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-30-2014, 07:55 PM   #1

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
Marengo , Illinois

Live in northern Illinois. Just bought 1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 from my uncle for $2000 . He bought it 2 years ago , was told everything worked. He paid $3500 and never stepped foot in it. I bought it to place on my property in Iowa as a hunting cabin per say. Want to put on concrete pad, up on blocks and skirt.
When I first looked at it, pretty clean, no mice, no leaks, no odor.
Figured $2000 was worth just shell alone(cost me over $500 for material to build 4 x 8 chicken coop for wife, nothing fancy, to place in barn. Would have been another $500 for steel to put in yard. Didn't hāppen. I know, awfully expensive eggs!) remember, just material, no labor.
Got it home cleaned it up and started įhecking out mechanics. Air, stove and fridge work(metal bottom face rusty, creating bad seal). Found water heāter and PVC fitting by front storage tank leaking. Wasn't properly winterized. I am a plumber by trade so should I find it worth it, repair. Already use to hunting without running water so not a priority. No gas to furnāce(yes I turned on gas cock) guessing bad gas valve but could not locate. Solution...electric space heatčr.
So for $2000, I have a small furnished cabin with air, stove and fridge(don't hold enough beer tho). Any insight on any issues would be appreciated...just go easy on me if you think I paid too much.
birddog456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 08:08 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1966 17' Caravel
Newport , North Carolina
No dents? Oh yes a great price and yes you can fix it and as a plumber replacing the copper with pex and the PVC will be a breeze and clean up the heater (use your YouTube skills) awesome and welcome to the forum.
Cliff