Old 12-18-2011, 10:14 AM   #15
2 Rivet Member

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Eureka , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foiled Again View Post
You're going to love it.

Serious advice - learn to hitch, tow and backup. Even if husband is primary driver something as simple as a sprained wrist could leave you stranded as he couldn't do the tasks.

I'm solo, and about once a year I get a request for help from a woman whose husband has had some kind of accident or illness that renders him temporarily unable to drive. In 11 years momma has NEVER taken the trailer anywhere by herself and now needs help getting it back home - 150 miles away. I've always obliged, and the parties I've helped have always paid for my fuel both ways and a meal... but it's just SILLY not to learn. You never know when the dear boy is going to have his appendix blow up, so INSIST. Take it slowly, don't overstep your limits and practice the backing up thing in a vacant parking lot. You'll do fine.

Paula - on the EAST coast

Right you are! Thanks for the advice. When we first thought of getting an rv (before we went to see the AS) I only wanted to buy one that I was able to drive. Along with the DH I learned the steps of hitching it up, and we do it together following my cheat sheet, LOL. I totally am in agreement with you on being able to drive home if something happened. I can tell you first hand, that a similar thing happened to us years ago when we took a long trip in a Westfalia camper, DH had a kidney stone and I had to drive about 300 miles home. It was easier of course, but know things can happen.

We are going out today in fact to the mall parking lot to practice backing up. I did drive the new baby home for an hour and found it easy to handle with the hitch we have, so not as nervous as I was with the first trailer we had.

and away we go.......
pidget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 10:16 AM   #16
2 Rivet Member

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Eureka , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverPal View Post
Welcome to the Forums, Pidget (mind if I call you Pidget?). You'll find everything you need to know about 'streaming right here! Hope to see you around Cali sometime!
thanks-- yep you can call me pidget. Lots of good info here. Take time to explore but love what I found out so far.

and away we go.......
Old 12-18-2011, 10:18 AM   #17
2 Rivet Member

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Eureka , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBERTSUNRUS View Post
Hi, a "25-B" sounds like a great trailer. You'll love it.
Thanks, we are loving it so far. Compared to the 18' 7' wide trailer we had previous, we find this one so big and roomy and not any harder to tow.

and away we go.......