Old 06-06-2012, 02:51 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member
1971 29' Ambassador
Naples , Florida
New to Airstreams, New to Air Forums

Hello Everyone,

My girlfriend and I are new to Airstreams and Air Forums, having bought one of the former before finding the latter.

Needless to say, we are excited to have our new addition to the family, a 29' '71 Ambassador, but we will be learning a lot as we go along as our purchase was a bit on the impulsive side and needs some work. Oh boy...

Maybe... it would have been better to find Air Forums first, but better late than never!

We look forward to asking questions and learning from the voices of experience of those who have traveled the Silver Way before us. Wish us luck and thank you in advance for all your help.

BrainyBus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 02:58 PM   #2
4 Rivet Member
Northern Illinois , Illinois

Welcome to the Airstream family. You will find lots of friendly Airstreamers on this forum with good advice.

You will enjoy your Airstream.

2008 Classic 34
Dodge Ram 2500 Quad Cab CTD

AIR #7317 WBCCI #1772 TAC-IL 1
Air Apparent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 03:00 PM   #3
Rivet Master
1966 24' Tradewind
1995 34' Excella
Lynchburg , Virginia

Congratulations on your new Airstream and finding us and welcome to the forums. Your life will be forever changed- for the good that is.

TouringDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 05:04 PM   #4
4 Rivet Member
2012 27' FB International
Denver , Colorado
Welcome and congrats!!! Photos??
Blog: Glamper~An Airstream Diary
WBCCI #4846, WBCCI DenCO Unit
Air #62992
Travel Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 05:28 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari
Fort Myers , Florida
Well, congratulations and welcome! I am fairly new here and to Airstreams and about 35 miles north of you in Fort Myers.
rodsterinfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 05:30 PM   #6
Rivet Master
Currently Looking...
Corpus Christi , Texas
WELL, HURRY UP AND START ASKING QUESTIONS! I am sure someone on here can answer every one of them. And some of us answer things we have no business answering. Like me for example. (-:

Welcome, and enjoy the ride.
Chuck & Skye
Rock and Roll Will Never Die!

WBCCI 3805
AIR 54011 Since July 2011
casa3805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 03:20 PM   #7
1 Rivet Member
1971 29' Ambassador
Naples , Florida
Hi Everyone,

Thanks for the welcome and encouragement. We are likely in for a steep learning curve on this adventure, I'm hoping everyone here can keep the curve from being so steep it looks like a brick wall...

I'm still very much learning my way around the forum, I'll try to get some photos up soon.

AS for questions, well, here are a few for example. Please direct me to the appropriate places.

~> The previous owner said that "Airstreams are wired a bit different than other trailers". Please explain. And on that note, where can I get a schematic of the AC & DC wiring?

~> Big subject but how do I diagnose and correct possible rear end sag? We have some rust back there, how much is yet to be determined, but I'm a bit apprehensive...

~> We are not looking to restore or maintain complete originality of the interior. We like most of the roll-up cabinets, etc, but not the woodgrain colors. What is the best (easiest, affordable, efficient) way to paint or refinish them?

~> We are thinking about maybe changing the rear bath layout. Realizing we are probably not the first to think that, where might we be able to source floor plans?

~> It's sitting for now, but we will eventually want to learn more about the braking systems.

And I'm sure there will be many more questions as we begin to dig in. I'm guessing most of the answers are here on AF somewhere, (don't know where just yet) but this is just some examples...

Thanks to all

BrainyBus is offline   Reply With Quote