Old 01-05-2009, 02:38 PM   #15
1 Rivet Member

2001 25' Safari
stouffville , Ontario
Thanks

Thanks Steve, i'm thrilled and amazed at how large this site is and the wealth of information and friendly people on it. Great to be here. william.

Old 01-05-2009, 03:03 PM   #16
Site Team

1974 31' Sovereign
Ottawa , ON
Missed it by that much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilburstream View Post
We got an unbelievable deal on it and it is in real good condition but dirty and tired on the interior. The previous owners didn't keep it very clean but nothing that some scrubbing and replacing can't fix.
Hello and welcome to Airforum, William. So far, you are the closest Airforum member to me that I have discovered here.

By any chance, did you get your AS at RepotDepot? If so, you just beat me out by a hair. Congratulations! I did go and see it (from the outside only), and it was a fabulous deal.

Old 01-05-2009, 04:23 PM   #17
1 Rivet Member

2001 25' Safari
stouffville , Ontario
That would be me.

Hello Aage, yes that would have been me. There was one other person there to look at it before me but they passed on it. Yes its like new on the outside, the inside is a different story, tired and dirty with some repairs that need to be done but very doable. I completely agree that it was an amazing deal, thats why i bought it. I feel bad that i had to be the one to spoil it for you, were you there just after me? We knew when we looked at it if we didn't put the offer in right away we would lose out on it. It was apparently very, very popular. I've been looking for quite some time now but never dreamed i would end up with one. I'm thrilled that we got it and can't wait until we get it cleaned up and use it. How long have you been looking or do you own one now? Thanks for the welcome, i had no idea AS had such devoted owners, a true testament to their quality i'm sure. When i get it home you'll have to come see it inside if you like, i don't want to upset you any more though. Thanks. william.
Old 01-10-2009, 05:14 PM   #18
1 Rivet Member

2001 25' Safari
stouffville , Ontario
Got it home.

Well, got the safari moved today. Asked a number of friends with large vehicles that are equipped to move trailers this size but none could do it. I ended up calling a local RV dealer and his son moves trailers and agreed to do it for me right away, GREAT. It was supposed to be sunny and clear today but the weatherman got it wrong again and it was cloudy, windy, very cold and snowing. They had to get a front end loader to move the accumulated snow in front of it so we could get it out. What a relief it was when it hooked up and the lights worked without any problems. Nothing worse than trying to fix something in crummy weather. The hauler was a GMC diesel 350 and it pulled it like a dream. It did make me realize that it takes a substantial vehicle to haul one of these and i definitly won't be trying it without it. Got it to a local storage yard and blocked it up. Will take some pics tomorrow and post them. I didn't get the chance to do it today. Cheers. william.
Old 01-10-2009, 07:15 PM   #19
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Great news William,

We all look forward to seeing it up on glowing pixels.

Steve
Old 01-11-2009, 09:14 PM   #20
1 Rivet Member

2001 25' Safari
stouffville , Ontario
Some Pics

I took a few photos the day we bought it and a few more today (outside is alot dirtier from the move yesterday). Today i put a bunch of bounce dryer sheets all around, heard it was good for repelling mice.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2371.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	254.5 KB
ID:	73684   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2373.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	208.4 KB
ID:	73685  

Name:	100_2433.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	222.1 KB
ID:	73686   Click image for larger version

Name:	Copy of 100_2435.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	255.1 KB
ID:	73687  

Old 01-11-2009, 09:20 PM   #21
1 Rivet Member

2001 25' Safari
stouffville , Ontario
Some more pics.

Here are a few more. As you can see the inside is in need of good cleaning and some sprucing up, aside from that nothing obvious besides the peeling enamel off the sink. Was thinking of trying electolysis to remove the rest. bill.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	100_2439.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	272.9 KB
ID:	73688   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2440.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	177.3 KB
ID:	73689  

Name:	100_2441.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	225.7 KB
ID:	73690  
Old 01-12-2009, 04:30 PM   #22
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Everything certainly looks good to go. Hope you can get it out and camp to test everything soon.

Steve
Old 01-12-2009, 05:46 PM   #23
4 Rivet Member

1994 34' Excella
Mount Vernon , Kentucky
Nice camper. Looks like all it needs is a loving owner to take care of it. Congratulations and good luck with your Airstream.
Old 01-12-2009, 08:29 PM   #24
1 Rivet Member

2001 25' Safari
stouffville , Ontario
Pictures

Thanks guys, the inside really needs a good cleaning and the carpeting definitly has to go. Haven't decided on laminate flooring or sheet flooring yet. I'm going to start taking all the curtains, appolstery out and do them while i'm waiting for the weather to warm up. I can't wait until i can go camping with it. We usually spend most of the summer in Algonquin Park and i can't think of a nicer way to camp in comfort and security. I've been doing alot of daydreaming about it lately. This trailer is taking alot of the worry of seizures away while camping there. When i have them while there, i can safely ride them out inside. I'll need to find a manual(s) on it so i can familiarize myself with everything. My little trillium hasn't got near the amount of ammenities the airstream has and i'll need to be well informed on how it all works. I'm sure i'll be spending alot of time on this site. bill
Old 01-12-2009, 08:42 PM   #25
4 Rivet Member

Fond du Lac , Wisconsin
Way to go Wilbur with your new Airstream. Pictures look like you made a good choice. Hope you and your family enjoy it much.

Changing the World One Child at a Time
www.compassion.com

hookedonclassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 09:32 PM   #26
1 Rivet Member

2001 25' Safari
stouffville , Ontario
Pictures

Thanks Rich, i'm sure we will, i've got to say we got a great deal on it and i was a first a little nervous about getting things right and making repairs but that soon faded when i started looking at this site. I well know that Airstream makes a quality product and that alone is a great reason to buy one, new or used, but after coming upon this site with all the information and friendly people i can't imagine ever buying anything but an Airstream.