Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-01-2007, 03:28 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1976 23' Safari
geary , Oklahoma
new texas member

hello all, we are getting back into rvs after a few years and are looking for a airstream (what else is there).
we hope to be on the road soon....see you there
waynemorgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 03:43 PM   #2
Mel
Rivet Master

1967 22' Safari
1960 Caravel
Edmonds , Washington
Welcome, and good luck with your search for the perfect Airstream!
Old 05-01-2007, 05:49 PM   #3
4 Rivet Member

1986 Argosy
ocala , Florida
Welcome to the forums,Wayne....
wanderer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 07:00 AM   #4
3 Rivet Member

2004 25' Safari
1971 27' Overlander
1957 22' Caravanner
Jourdanton , Texas
Welcome, Waynemorgan. We must be neighbors. We would love to talk Airstreams with you. What are you looking for?
Paula
pienjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 07:36 PM   #5
2 Rivet Member

1976 23' Safari
geary , Oklahoma
well i cant take it any more """ i am heading to SAN ANTONIO in the morning to the airstream dealer,i got the truck ready to pull it home if i can find something that we can afford ..
Old 05-06-2007, 08:57 PM   #6

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
Welcome to the Forums. We're glad to have you with us.
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with ProPride
2020 Silverado 2500 (Vivian)
2023 Rivian R1T (Opal)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 09:08 PM   #7
Rivet Master

2005 28' Safari S/O
Paradise , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemorgan
well i cant take it any more """ i am heading to SAN ANTONIO in the morning to the airstream dealer,i got the truck ready to pull it home if i can find something that we can afford ..
Good Luck. Let us know what you find! Welcome to the forums
Old 05-07-2007, 06:15 AM   #8
GStephens

1982 31' Limited
1953 25' Cruiser
Hamilton , Texas
Welcome to the world of Airstreaming. I'd take my time and look at the various models on more than one dealer's lot before making a purchase. Think it through after comparing various sizes and floorplans.

Once you buy an Airstream then consider joining the greatest unit of the Airstream Club. The Texas Highland Lakes Unit has been the fastest growing, most energetic club within the WBCCI for each of the past three years. There is a reason for that, we have FUN! We do fun things and go to fun places, but most important, we have widley diverse group of folks who come together for one reason - to have fun.

Just at our last two rallies, we inducted eight new member couples into our fold and welcomed three other units who haven't yet had the opportunity to come camp with us. Personally, I've gained friendships in this group which exceed any that I have within my church of 38 years or any that I have made in a lifetime of living in the community where I was raised. The addition of all these new members has only seemed to enhance that experience.

For more information contact our membership chairman, Myron Fischer @ 1-512-784-0635.

Gayland Stephens
GStephens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 06:19 AM   #9
4 Rivet Member

2004 34' Classic S/O
San Antonio , Texas
Right price

Quote:
Explore USA is the dealer here in San Antonio, and they are quite new. Their service department is in Kyle, and they are pretty good - at least for minor maintenance issues. I'm not sure how they are to negotiate with.

If you found the prices a bit steep, you may want to give Bayer RV a call, they are in Dublin. I know someone who just bought a Moho from them, and anotherr person who bought a trialer from them. Both were very happy with the price, and the people they dealed with. I also know tow people who have had a lot of service work done at their shop, and they say they are top notch as well.

The Texas Unit of WBCCI is having a buddy rally near Canyon Lake, and you'd be more than welcome to join us. The dates are May 16-19, and its at Jellystone RV. I think it's on FM 306, but check the website to make sure.

If you have any questions, I'm in your neighborhood, just pm me.

Good luck.

_________Tom

'05 Excursion 4x4, 6.0 PSD, magnaflow, helwig anti-sway, air lift springs.
Stream 1529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 12:27 PM   #10
2 Rivet Member

1976 23' Safari
geary , Oklahoma
update:after looking at 5 of the 8 models they had i think we will go with a 25 foot safari.but every thing i saw was way to high or had a lot of options i did not want.

3 of the five had some things wrong with them(like bubbles in the floor,trim coming off or panels that just pull off.i did like the salesman who was not pushing me to get it now.
i will keep looking....

stream 1529 i will try to get to that rally next week

pienjim ,are you happy with your 25 foot and what is your floor plan ?
Old 05-08-2007, 01:04 PM   #11
4 Rivet Member

2004 34' Classic S/O
San Antonio , Texas
Quote:
update:after looking at 5 of the 8 models they had i think we will go with a 25 foot safari.but every thing i saw was way to high or had a lot of options i did not want.

stream 1529 i will try to get to that rally next week
Wayne,

Check out Bayer Rv @ Texas RV Dealer and RV Service for Airstream, Dutchmen, and Pleasureway They are a days drive from you, but I've heard nothing but good things aout them. I'd call them to see what their inventory is like, and what kind of prices they want to start with.

There is a dealer in Buda, Camper Clinic, but I wouldn't buy from them if my Mother got the commission. Not a nice bunch of people.

I don't know if Demontron in Houston still sells Airstreams or not. We went over to look at the new models about 2 years ago. People were nice, and didn't bother us when we told them we were just looking.

The rally is at Jellystone RV Resort on FM306, just east of Hwy 281N. The rally starts on Wednesday the 16th, but you can show up any time. The chapter President is Carla Gartman. We aren't going to be able to make it, the DW has plans, but I'll let Carla know that you may show up. If you are able to make it, let me know and I'lll drive up Saturday morning so I can at least say howdy.

Good luck in your search, and look forward to meeting you.

_________Tom

'05 Excursion 4x4, 6.0 PSD, magnaflow, helwig anti-sway, air lift springs.
Stream 1529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 02:09 PM   #12
4 Rivet Member

2011 30' Classic
Kingwood , Texas
Demontron in Houston still sells Airstreams. You can check their inventory online. When I was there about a month ago they had a number in inventory.
extiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 03:08 PM   #13
GStephens

1982 31' Limited
1953 25' Cruiser
Hamilton , Texas
I don't know what the rules are here on the forum about trashing someone's reputation so I will just say that I disagree vehemently with Steam 1529's glowing posts about Bayer RV. If you want to hear the whole sordid tale, PM me. I have not one, but several tales to tell.
GStephens
GStephens is offline   Reply With Quote