Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-31-2010, 07:21 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2004 28' International CCD
Palm Beach County , Florida
Exclamation New Streamers!

Hello everyone! We (Bill and April) are new to the AS lifestyle and wanted to say hello!

We are currently gearing up our Ford 7.3L Dualie to go pick up our first AS! We have decided to sell off our stuff and live in the International 28 fulltime. April and I have been together for several years now and have become completely disenchanted with stuff and the daily grind. (Bill is totally looking forward to getting rid of his STUFF, and April is a great sport for going along with this crazy notion of less is more!!)

Our goal is to fulltime for several years, save cash from our current jobs, travel cross country seeing our nation, and eventually land on the Big Island and build a farm.

Happy to be here, we are so thankful this resource is available to help guide us. Thanks to all of you who contribute!

This is Bill lookin' all cool.

His lovely wife April in a super dreamy jungle!
FullTimin2HI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 07:55 AM   #2

2006 19' International CCD
Olathe , Kansas
Welcome! Your plan sounds great! As I write this in my home office and look around at all my "stuff" in a house built for a family of 5 with a full 3 car garage and only has the two of us with our two dogs...I'm jealous! I'd love to trade the Bambi in for a 27' and hit the road but my better half says no way! Good luck and keep us posted on your travels.
blmitch5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 10:41 AM   #3
2 Rivet Member

Smile

We'll post lost of pics along the way and remind everyone of how happy we are in our 'lumanum can and if your other half just happened to read it, you wouldn't blame us would you?
Old 12-31-2010, 12:13 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

Open Road , USA
Awesome! We're also newbie fulltimers for an undetermined amount of time in our 28 International (It's an 04 what year is yours?) already on the road. We started heading east by south out of the Pacific North Wet.

The Big Island farm sounds like one of my dreams - I hope it works out and you pull it all off!
Old 12-31-2010, 12:29 PM   #5
3 Rivet Member

2001 19' Bambi
Ashland , Oregon
You guys are the embodiment of the American Spirit! That sounds corny but apropos. Good luck on your quest for adventure and I hope your dream comes true. Keep us posted during your travels. I would do this but my DH wouldn't. So I will live vicariously via your posts.
Kathleenh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 12:30 PM   #6
2 Rivet Member

Thumbs up

webtrip - Haven't got it yet, supposed to pick it up up north around Jan 14th... Weather permitting, we're kinda wimpy when it comes to cold. Gonna be a 2004 International 28' ... Heard it was a sweet TT!

Like those LED's you installed over there on yer blog, looks like a good easy improvement.

Thinkin' we may need to photo/web document our adventure also...

Kathleen - thanks for your positive comments! We will make sure to post a heap of pics along our way... Something tells me we are gonna be hooked into the grid for a few more years, we want to own the farm when we go, so we've got some saving to do. Once we start posting get your DH to sit down and check out our adventure, every man wants adventure in his life. (We just don't always know it!)
Old 12-31-2010, 12:33 PM   #7
2 Rivet Member

Open Road , USA
That would be awesome, I love reading what people are up to! The LED's are a breeze. I'm about to add another photo one of these days with the color switch for the shower. The Bright White is definitely much better in there, makes it more natural feeling. The almond + yellowish of the Warm White bulbs was just too much.
Old 12-31-2010, 02:02 PM   #8

Vintage Kin Owner
... , ...
Welcome you two.

Best of luck on your adventure. Keep us posted.

Kevin

"One of the best lessons I've learned is that you don't worry about criticism from people you wouldn't seek advice from."

William C. Swinney

Kevin245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 02:55 PM   #9
2 Rivet Member

1968 22' Safari
Hereford , Arizona

My wife and I are doing the same thing...only different. 8)
This is going to be an adventure! Hope to meet you out on the roads. Stay in touch here.
Slaínté,
Buster&Trez.
Nomadtek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 05:38 PM   #10
Rivet Master

2017 30' Flying Cloud
2008 23' International
Keremeos , British Columbia
Congratulations! I'll be following this thread to see your progress! We're on a 10-year plan too; however, since we live in the cold white North, our plan involves working hard and disposing of all our STUFF so that we can quit our jobs in 2020 and join those who live in the sunny south for part of the year.

Best wishes,
Lisa

2017 30' FC | 2002 Chinook Destiny | 2008 23' Int. CCD (written off: hail!)
bolerama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 06:11 PM   #11
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Newton , Texas
Me and my wife are sorta doing the same thing. I took an overseas job three years ago and work a 28/28 schedule. Between working abroad and trying to keep up the daily functions of our 20 acre place, we started losing touch with each other. So we decided last year to purchase a 93 29'er and hit the road together during my 28 days off. Were keeping our house so she can stay in it while Im gone. We've only take one trip since we got it. We decided that if were going to spend a lot of time in it we need to remodel and also I have a very demanding job that sent me to schools during my off time but I'm done with the schools now and we are in the process of redoing the AS. Anyhoo I'm not trying to steal your thread I need to start my own but I did want to share my story, I'm glad to see that were not the only ppl doing the same thing. Here's to the open roads!!!!!!!! Maybe we will meet up one day.
Mr & Mrs S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 01:36 AM   #12
3 Rivet Member

2007 19' Bambi
2005 18' Westphalia
Evans , GA
We recently replaced our 2004 28' CCD with a AS Sprinter Westfalia. It was a tough decision because I loved my CCD. We were having a difficult time fitting in trips long enough to justify pulling the CCD. The Westy is perfect for over nighters and weekends. It is shorter than our TV! I could always see full-timing in the 28' CCD though. I think you will be happy with your choice. I can't wait to see photos. Ours was orange.

Check out this thread for some great ideas:
http://www.airforums.com/forums/f42/...0-a-28364.html
Bird's Nest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 02:45 PM   #13
2 Rivet Member

Thanks for the welcome Kevin! Glad to be here, thanks for your efforts doin' the mod thing... I moderate over at Palmtalk.org I know what it means to commit to it...

Buster & Trez - Look liek ya'll have a fun project ahead of you. I am eager to see updates on how ya'll finish her out... What are your plans? Original restore, custom interior, minimalist style? What's the deal?

Thanks for the welcome Lisa, it's hard to get rid of all the stuff (I'm currently finding out if I throw away some of my stuff that family members that don't even live in my house get offended!) but I think in the long run, it will be a great... no... make that a SUPER DUPER GREAT choice! Enjoyed reading about your 73' Boler. The supa' cherry Hawaiian finish looked awesome!

jsmith, sounds like we are on similar paths, I'm bettin' one day our paths will cross... I'm lookin' forward to it!

Bird's nest - hate that you had to get rid of your 28' , it was sweet. Appreciate your good photo documentation on your upgrades (We're totally gonna end up at our local Ikea too!) It's hard to call yours orange after you got thru makin' it so purty!
Old 01-03-2011, 07:12 PM   #14
3 Rivet Member

1968 22' Safari
Salem , Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FullTimin2HI
Buster & Trez - Look liek ya'll have a fun project ahead of you. I am eager to see updates on how ya'll finish her out... What are your plans? Original restore, custom interior, minimalist style? What's the deal?
keeping as much orig as possible, but tweaking it to fit a FT lifestyle in as minimalistic way as possible
so yeah... all depends on what needs fixing & how heavy the toll... we'll be updating on my blog & YouTube pages
aluminomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 07:19 PM   #15

2006 19' International CCD
Olathe , Kansas
When do you pick her up? Ikea is where I got my inspiration! Pics! We need pics!
blmitch5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 07:26 PM   #16
Rivet Master

1970 27' Overlander
Espanola , Full Timer
Send a message via Yahoo to AIR-Quarius Send a message via Skype™ to AIR-Quarius
Was that what I thought I saw?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadtek View Post

My wife and I are doing the same thing...only different. 8)
This is going to be an adventure! Hope to meet you out on the roads. Stay in touch here.

Slaínté,
Buster&Trez.
...Pardon me, but did he flip you off?
Old 01-03-2011, 07:29 PM   #17
3 Rivet Member

1968 22' Safari
Salem , Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by redhawkerII
...Pardon me, but did he flip you off?
he always does that
aluminomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 07:30 PM   #18
Rivet Master

1970 27' Overlander
Espanola , Full Timer
Send a message via Yahoo to AIR-Quarius Send a message via Skype™ to AIR-Quarius
Well good luck to both of you, full timing is going to stream line everything for you. You won't be so binded to the material world as much, and you can dive into photography and your computer. So good luck! and welcome of course to 'The Forums'. This Forum is also part of facebook too. Bill
Old 01-03-2011, 09:07 PM   #19
Site Team

1974 31' Sovereign
Ottawa , ON
Quote:
Originally Posted by aluminomad View Post
he always does that
Yeah, prolly just how he shows you that he loves you.
Old 01-04-2011, 05:16 AM   #20
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Newton , Texas
jsmith, sounds like we are on similar paths, I'm bettin' one day our paths will cross... I'm lookin' forward to it!

Hope everything works out for you and your other half . We are still working on ours and looking for a bigger TV but your right one day our paths may cross. I look forward to it to..... Good luck to the two of you.
Mr & Mrs S is offline   Reply With Quote