Old 02-22-2015, 07:40 PM   #15
4 Rivet Member

1964 17' Bambi II
Vintage Kin Owner
Strasburg , Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by sc17842 View Post
Hi All,
Just sold our 30 foot generic sided box style travel trailer, and upgraded to an airstream! We settled on a 1993 34 footer. Interior and exterior are in really decent shape. Looking forward to a great summer of camping and fun! If anyone is in PA feel free to say hi!
Well, if you are in Bloomsburg, you HAVE to check out our "Kampers near Knoebels" Campout at Indian Head Campground. We have held this event every Labor Day weekend for the past 14 years. We welcome all Airstreams, Scottys, VW campers, and anything else vintage or cool.

Come on down unless it is too close to you, in which case, just stop in to say HI! (We come up from Strasburg, Lancaster County). We will have our Bambi II there this year, and we expect at least a few other Airstreams to be in the mix as well!

Welcome to the Forums! Ben and Lynn

Old 03-01-2015, 01:28 PM   #16
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Espyville , Pennsylvania
Quote:
Hi All,
Just sold our 30 foot generic sided box style travel trailer, and upgraded to an airstream! We settled on a 1993 34 footer. Interior and exterior are in really decent shape. Looking forward to a great summer of camping and fun! If anyone is in PA feel free to say hi!
Hello from NWPA!

Old 03-02-2015, 08:16 PM   #17
2 Rivet Member

1993 34' Excella
Bloomsburg , Pennsylvania
Hi guys, the kampers near Knoebels sounds awesome!!! I know right where Indian head campground is, and we would be 100% counted in!! Definetly keep us in mind as plans firm up. We picked up our sirstream on Saturday, and I'vexslready started working on "stuff". Lol it will be swirl in progress.
Old 03-02-2015, 11:43 PM   #18
cwf
Rivet Master

1999 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Hillsboro , Texas
Welcome aboard, fellow 34'!!!
cwf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 02:37 PM   #19
4 Rivet Member

1964 17' Bambi II
Vintage Kin Owner
Strasburg , Pennsylvania
Quote:
Hi guys, the Kampers near Knoebels sounds awesome!!! I know right where Indian head campground is, and we would be 100% counted in!! Definetly keep us in mind as plans firm up. We picked up our sirstream on Saturday, and I've already started working on "stuff". Lol it will be swirl in progress.
Awesome! All you have to do is call and reserve a site (Section A) for W/E. The new website and all weekend details, including how to reserve, can be found here:

Kampers near Knoebels - Home

We also have a Facebook presence- just search Kampers near Knoebels.

We'll look forward to meeting you!

Ben and Lynn
Old 03-03-2015, 08:05 PM   #20
Rivet Master

1986 34' Limited
1966 24' Tradewind
Conifer , Colorado
Hi sc, glad to meet you. Always nice to see another triple axle Airstream. We have a 34 Limited built in 86. It's been in the family since new. It has held up well and has many, many miles of traveling on it. It is very comfortable for us. We're getting new upholstery and curtains this winter.

I also had a soft spot in my floor about the size you mentioned. It was at the rear outside storage compartment. Ours is a twin bed floor layout. The soft spot was due to a rain water leak at the seam above the bedroom window. I just "scabbed" a new piece of subfloor in that spot. I have applied polyurethane to the entire subfloor to help protect it from moisture. Our trailers were build with OSB subfloors, which isn't the greatest material for resistance to moisture damage.

I did replace the belly pan due to corrosion of the rivets causing the metal to start to fall away. I took the opportunity to inspect and paint the frame. It was in good shape on our trailer except the rear most cross member. I also installed new hard board insulation instead the the fiberglass batting.

You will enjoy traveling in your Airstream, and enjoy working on it. There is always something to do.

David
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0907 Tonka helps paint.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	249.2 KB
ID:	233521  
Old 03-04-2015, 07:38 PM   #21
2 Rivet Member

1993 34' Excella
Interior

Hi dbj!
Wow good to know that so many people are enjoying their 34 footers as well! As you can see I have only had the trailer here at the house for a few days, but it's quickly getting torn apart to make it our own. I have found a total of 4 spots that are soft, but it appears that after some very heavy rains, the sealing job took care of all the leaking spots. The trailer had been neglected for many years due to the declining health of the previous owner. All the caulk around the vents windows etc was completely dried and rainy out. I used sikaflex after scraping everything clean. I plan to replace the rotted particle board with marine plywood or something a bit more robust as you did. The frame looks brand new underneath, and the belly own looks great!

All in all I think the trailer is very nice and solid, but just need to fix a few years of neglect as I said. 😄. Very much looking forward to meeting some great new friends on the road!!
Old 03-04-2015, 07:43 PM   #22
2 Rivet Member

1993 34' Excella
Picture

Trying to post an interior photo again...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	221.0 KB
ID:	233631  
Old 03-04-2015, 10:46 PM   #23
cwf
Rivet Master

1999 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Hillsboro , Texas
Looks like a great start!

Keep some of the carpet for 'door mat'... and to throw in the mud when you get on your knees outside the AS for hooking up water, sewer, etc... or for working on stuff.

When it is really messy, toss it out... and replace...
Old 03-04-2015, 10:48 PM   #24
cwf
Rivet Master

1999 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Hillsboro , Texas
Oh, Here is a 'full frontal' with the PP stinger and 'rock tamer' flaps...

oh.. and the dog is 'Rusty'...
Old 03-05-2015, 06:13 PM   #25
2 Rivet Member

1993 34' Excella
Hi there cwf,
Great looking rig!!!! Lol the carpet I took out wasn't even fit for laying in the mud.... It appears the previous owner had several animals, and it they must not have been let out very frequently... Unfortunately the carpet had to be removed to kill the odor, but we really wanted laminate anyway. ;0)
Old 03-05-2015, 07:26 PM   #26
Rivet Master

1986 34' Limited
1966 24' Tradewind
Conifer , Colorado
sc, your new trailer has a front interior layout similar to ours with the street side dinette. We removed our carpet too. Carpet doesn't make a lot of sense in a camper, or with pets. We put a laminate floor down and have found it very good over the years. I dont like the vinyl floor I put down in my old Trade Wind.

David