Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-25-2011, 08:30 PM   #1

1969 27' Overlander
ozona , Texas
new owners of old airstream!!

My husband and I just became the owners of a 1969 overlander. It is in poor shape on the inside but we are planning to restore it. I joined this to get much needed advice and support. I will enjoy getting to know everyone.
lanceanddana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 08:40 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1999 25' Safari
Denver , Colorado
Lance & Dana: Welcome to the forums, and congrats on your new project! We like pictures, especially before & after ones and during, those are cool too

You have come to the right place for advice & support, the knowledge here can bowl you over! Wendy
Old 07-26-2011, 09:50 AM   #3
4 Rivet Member

1969 31' Sovereign
1951 21' Flying Cloud
Alex , Oklahoma
Welcome, we have a 69 31' and restored our inside. As of last weekend our son also Lance bought a 69 29' and it needs restored on the inside. The front and rear floors are rotted, fortunately the wood seems to be in good shape. With little sanding and clear coat the wood will look like new. If it wasn't for this forum we would have never restored our 69 31'. There are so many people out there who have done what you are about to do. This forum will save you time and maybe a little money on your repairs. Enjoy
1951 Flying Cloud SS#7062
AIR #18751
CJ of Okla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 10:05 AM   #4
"Cloudsplitter"

2003 25' Classic
Houstatlantavegas , Malebolgia
Thumbs up Welcome Aboard....

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanceanddana View Post
My husband and I just became the owners of a 1969 overlander. It is in poor shape on the inside but we are planning to restore it. I joined this to get much needed advice and support. I will enjoy getting to know everyone.
You MUST realize....your biggest obligation>>>>POST PHOTO'S

Happy Streams

Bob
Old 07-26-2011, 11:22 AM   #5

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Alamo Heights , Texas
Welcome! I'm sure you'll find these forums very informative and helpful for your renovation, as I have.

It seems we have a lot of Texans on here... I wonder what it is about us that draws us to Airstreams, since half the year it's almost too hot to play with them! Maybe it's so we can at least dream of hitching up and driving off to find cooler weather? There are 3900 members who list Texas as their state, and about 600 of those have been on the site in the last 60 days.

Zero Gravitas — 2017 Flying Cloud 26U | WBCCI# 15566

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. — Sir Winston Churchill
DKB_SATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 01:04 PM   #6
1 Rivet Member

1964 26' Overlander
Dallas , Oregon
Welcome on board. I wish we would have found this forum 13 years ago, when we picked up our Oldy too. Lots of great advice here.
HollisOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 02:06 PM   #7
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
1995 34' Excella
Lynchburg , Virginia
Lance & Dana

Welcome to the forum. This is a great group of people that are willing to help you in all possible ways.

DKB

That is an amazing statistic about the Texas members.

Our son and daughter in law live in Fort Worth. They are tent camping now with two dogs. That provides a good foundation for Airstreaming later. I hope they are back in Virginia by then.

Dan
TouringDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 03:19 PM   #8
Site Team

1974 31' Sovereign
Ottawa , ON
Glad to see you!

Howdy and welcome to Airforums.com, Lanceanddana! You have come to the right spot for lots of great information on your new-to-you trailer!

As Robert Cross said, we shore are hungry for your photos, so don't be shy to post some.

Click here for Janet's great tips for how to post photos, if you are not sure how to do it.