Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-21-2017, 06:14 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2017 27' Flying Cloud
Ocala , Florida
New owners - 2017 FC 27 FB

We just put a deposit down on a 2017 FC 27FB - we take delivery on this Saturday March 25th.

I joined this forum at the first of the year, read a lot here, asked questions, went to dealers to physically look and decide what model would work for us, then started negotiations, and yesterday put a deposit on one. :

We live in north central Florida and our first camping trip is next wednesday for a week in Pine Mountain Georgia.

Some particulars:
  • Tow Vehicle - 2016 F150 Platinum 3.5 eccoboost
  • hitch : Blue Ox weight distribution
  • Payload for truck -- 1525#

We are excited and know we have lots to learn - even though we have been camping for years - first Airstream

Any suggestions or ideas are very welcome.

Thank you
Mikenbern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 06:29 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2015 27' FB Eddie Bauer
2011 25' FB Flying Cloud
Fernandina Beach , Florida
Congratulations! We just left FDR state park in Pine Mountain a few days ago. You probably know this, but don't miss FDR's Little White House, and Calloway gardens, including the Birds of Prey show and Butterfly Garden. (We have a 27' Eddie Bauer with front twins and tow it with the same vehicle and trim you have, and it does a good job, provided one keeps an eye on payload.) Joe
jayseejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 07:49 AM   #3
4 Rivet Member

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Granbury , Texas
Welcome and congrats! Keep reading the forum...I've been trailering / rving all my life and still pick up a pointer or two every now and then.

Biggest thing is safety...get the hitch and truck set up to tow properly...most of the other stuff you will learn as you go.

Don't be afraid to ask! Lots of oldtimers on here eager to share their vast experience and knowledge.

Airstreams are different from all other types of rv's out there...many things are unique to just Airstreams so even people who have rv'ed in other box brands have learning curve.

Enjoy and hope you make many happy memories!
cabinetmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 11:17 AM   #4
2 Rivet Member

2017 27' Flying Cloud
Ocala , Florida
WOW...... a lot has happened since my original post.

The dealer I started with either purposefully or inadvertently switched the coach from a 2017 to a 2016 after taking the deposit over the phone.

Obviously this was a no go in my book and when we went back over everything he then wanted another $1700 ... nope. Deal off.

I sent a request to another dealer and worked a deal that was $1500 less than the original and also included a back up camera installed. That is the readers digest version.

So now we take delivery on Monday --

The only change other than dealers and price was now we are getting an
Equal-i-zer hitch not a blue ox.
Mikenbern is offline   Reply With Quote