Old 02-05-2009, 11:47 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2015 25' FB International
East valley , Arizona
Talking New Owner who can't stop smiling

Hi Everyone,

Joined last week, but waited to introduce myself until our beautiful 2005 19' Bambi Safari LS came home - today! Unbelievable that she is actually here. Like many, wanted an Airstream for decades. Became very serious about purchasing one recently. Researched, read threads here, visited our dealership, talked with friends who knew someone that once had one, well, you get the picture. Some friends extended opinions of a 5th wheel ( easier backing, get more room for the money, etc.) But, our hearts were with the Airstream. And, what we read on the Airstream forums sealed it.

It is amazing how we found our Bambi. We looked at the Airstreams on the dealership lot (2008 & 2009). No pre-owned! Went back several times. Began seriously talking about waiting a bit to see what prices on the '08 would do. Then came the exciting news. A 2005 was coming in within a few days! We were the first to see it and purchased within an hour. Our Bambi Safari was so well taken care of; it is immaculate and all systems humming. We are still smiling

Wanted to share the great news. And, although you couldn't have realized it, all of your contributions of stories, advice, and kind words to others helped this new Airstream owner.

We look forward to many happy travels.
BoJo

Old 02-05-2009, 11:53 PM   #2
3 Rivet Member

2006 19' Safari
Anaheim , California
Congratulations on your new Bambi! I remember our excitement when we acquired our Bambi 3 years ago. The thrill is still there every time we take her out, I'm sure you are in for a similar experience. Welcome to the forums, lots of good people here with good advice.
Happy camping!

Old 02-06-2009, 02:17 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
Congrats!

Hey BoJo...Congratulations on your new Bambi (from another Bambi-fan)...you are going to love it... And you're from AZ, to boot! Lots of great places to go camping this time of year for us Arizonans, so we hope to see you out on the road with the new shiny baby soon! There's a 4 Corners Unit Rally in Cottonwood 13-16 Feb...it's pretty full but I'll bet if you contact Richard and Jan ("azflycaster"), the hosts, you could still join in the fun. (See the link at the bottom of the Protal Page for info.) We'd love to see you there.

We know that smile...
AirForums #21900 . Membership Chair, 4C
Unit #3954
Travel Log: AZBambi...On the Road Again
TBRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 05:36 AM   #4
Rivet Master

2014 25' Flying Cloud
Cuddebackville , New York
Sure you're smiling now. But how about a few years from now, after the novelty of your new toy has worn off? After you've been on the road for a few hours longer than you'd like and you finally park late at night and it starts pouring rain? And you dash from your tow vehicle and jump in the Bambi trying not get drenched in the downpour. You fix whatever you want to eat out of the fridge and then climb into your own bed and let it pour outside. Now THAT'S when you are really going to smile! Enjoy your new Bambi.
Old 02-06-2009, 06:40 AM   #5
CLOUDSPLITTER "Tahawas"

2003 25' Classic
Zanadude Nebula , WNY
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne&Sam View Post
Sure you're smiling now. But how about a few years from now, after the novelty of your new toy has worn off? After you've been on the road for a few hours longer than you'd like and you finally park late at night and it starts pouring rain? And you dash from your tow vehicle and jump in the Bambi trying not get drenched in the downpour. You fix whatever you want to eat out of the fridge and then climb into your own bed and let it pour outside. Now THAT'S when you are really going to smile! Enjoy your new Bambi.
Hit the rivet right on the head...

Welcome Aboard...you've spent some time here so you already know,
We NEED pictures!!!!

“After all these years the reason I continue to love Thanksgiving.....I still sit at the kids table.”
RLC

Sandra wanted to go to Cleveland on vacation,
but I’m the Husband, so we went to Cleveland.
RLC
ROBERT CROSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 09:02 AM   #6
3 Rivet Member

2015 25' FB International
East valley , Arizona
Thanks everyone! Will get some pics out soon.
Old 02-06-2009, 09:50 AM   #7
Rivet Master

1984 29' Sovereign
Savannah , Missouri
CONGRATS~!
Nice feeling...Sleep in it tonight~!~
NEU #64
New England Unit
53flyingcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 10:28 AM   #8

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
Congrats! Mine still makes me smile too, even heading into our sixth season of camping. Everyone said, oh you'll need a bigger trailer in a few years, but I love our tiny trailer. We were sorely tempted to upgrade a couple years ago, but we couldn't bear to part with the little one.

Wayne&Sam, you are so right on!

Stefrobrts is offline   Reply With Quote