Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-18-2009, 02:20 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1975 25' Tradewind
Currently Looking...
Auburn , Alabama
New Owner of a 1975 Tradewind

Just wanted to say hello to everybody out there. I got bit by the Airstream bug several months ago when a good friend of mine found one of those classic finds...You know a mid 70's Overlander, stored in a barn, perfect condition, for the past 30yrs for a killer price. I then started looking trying to find a similar "Barn" find myself. Well I realized those finds usually are few and far between. Found a 75 Trade Wind with a good body and solid floor and took it home. Needs a lot of cleaning and TLC but for $3800 I still have a few bucks I can re-invest.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	75 Airstream Trade Wind.jpg
Views:	394
Size:	52.8 KB
ID:	80482  
barron64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 02:33 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1973 27' Overlander
Tucson , AZ
Be-u-ti-ful! Looks and sounds like an awfully good *find* to me. I'm jealous! How about some pics of the inside

Gonna get out and camp this weekend?

Laura
funkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 02:49 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

1975 25' Tradewind
Currently Looking...
Auburn , Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by funkill View Post
Be-u-ti-ful! Looks and sounds like an awfully good *find* to me. I'm jealous! How about some pics of the inside

Gonna get out and camp this weekend?

Laura
Thanks. It will be a little while before that first outing...Still cleaning the inside but about 95% done. Installing a new water heater this afternoon. Got a pesky water leak around the front door I have to fix. Gonna replace all the weatherstripping around all the windows. Curtains are getting dry cleaned at the moment...It never ends. Missing the middle gaucho, previous owner had a full size mattress in its place, if you know where I can find one. Interior is generally in really good condition. I will try to post some pics after I finish cleaning, installing curtains and get the hardwood flooring installed.
Old 05-18-2009, 03:23 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

1973 23' Safari
LULING , Louisiana
Hello and welcome to the forums. I might be able to help you on the gaucho. I might not be using mine. I actually have two but promised parts from one to another member. I am presently in the first stage of a frame on rebuild. I'll let you know something later.

Aaron
aaumpine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 03:50 PM   #5
2 Rivet Member

1975 25' Tradewind
Currently Looking...
Auburn , Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaumpine View Post
Hello and welcome to the forums. I might be able to help you on the gaucho. I might not be using mine. I actually have two but promised parts from one to another member. I am presently in the first stage of a frame on rebuild. I'll let you know something later.

Aaron
Thanks. I have the bottom support framework...Previous owner just put a mattress on top of a piece of plywood there. Just missing the foam cushions to complete. Let me know.
Old 05-18-2009, 03:53 PM   #6
Rivet Master

1973 27' Overlander
Tucson , AZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by barron64 View Post
Thanks. It will be a little while before that first outing...Still cleaning the inside but about 95% done. Installing a new water heater this afternoon. Got a pesky water leak around the front door I have to fix. Gonna replace all the weatherstripping around all the windows. Curtains are getting dry cleaned at the moment...It never ends. Missing the middle gaucho, previous owner had a full size mattress in its place, if you know where I can find one. Interior is generally in really good condition. I will try to post some pics after I finish cleaning, installing curtains and get the hardwood flooring installed.

You're right - it never seems to end! That's why you gotta go camping anyway. I wonder if I'll ever finish with the weatherstripping and re-sealing. If I don't finish soon, I'll be sizzling on top of the Silver Olive in the heat of the summer. That's probably when I'll call that project DONE and start on something else. After all, the list is long enough to move on to something else for awile.
Laura
funkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 03:57 PM   #7
4 Rivet Member

1972 25' Tradewind
old mystic , Connecticut
Welcome, we have a 72 tradewind. We hope that our renovation will be done in a couple of weeks. Just don't look under your carpets, I wish we hadn't, Just kidding I'm sure your floors are fine. That's usually where the trouble begins. And what Laura said "how about some pics of the inside?" We all love pictures.

Annette
bullydogsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 08:41 PM   #8
Rivet Master

1968 24' Tradewind
Oxford, , Mississippi
Welcome. Sounds like you did well with your purchase price. Lots to like about A/S and lots to learn. I used to have a plane, and the A/S is like a plane in two ways, constructed of aluminum and always needing work on something. That's the fun, if you can't be camping at least you can work on your trailer.
68 TWind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 10:07 PM   #9
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
Welcome! That is a very nice looking trailer and it sounds like you got a very good deal on it. I think 75 Trade Wind's are the best!

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote