Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-12-2011, 11:39 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1970 27' Overlander
Santa Rosa , California
Smile New owner 1970 Overlander 27'

Hi,

I just received a 70 Overlander 27'. I have so many questions, like why is there a gas line next to the toilet seat? Where is the fresh water inlet, black water outlet? Is the heater inside the coach or is it that coil thing on the outside in a compartment door?

Where do I puchase a rock guard? The one I have has a seam down the middle and is plastic, so is the window behind it!!!

It doesn't have any beds, so I need help figureing out what the best kind of bed to use is..(i.e., gaucho, bench type with table in the middle that converts. It has a place for a twin in the hall with cupboards across from the twin, bath in the back.

I could go on and on....Any infor you can provide is very much appreciated!! We are in Santa Rosa, CA
rverforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 11:50 AM   #2
Addicted

1971 27' Overlander
Currently In: Skowhegan , ME
Welcome to the forums.....ask you and shall receive (advice, that is). There's plenty of people here to help you with all of your questions. Start by using the search link on the top of the page (the google custom search works better)....if you're unable to locate what you're after, we're all collectively here to help out!

Visit our crazy full-timing blog (us,kids and dogs living the dream): https://www.airstreamingdreaming.com/

Join us at the TAC Walt Disney World Rally, November 4th - 10th, 2012: https://www.theairstreamersclub.org/rallies/tac-fw-wdw
exthemius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 12:02 PM   #3

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Alamo Heights , Texas
One thing I'd start with is finding a manual for your year of trailer. Airstream still reprints these for many years of trailers. Here's the link to order one for a '70s trailer:

https://store.airstream.com/product_...roducts_id=384

It's $30 and it's a photocopy, but it'll tell you lots of important things about the operation and location of systems on the trailer.
DKB_SATX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 09:09 AM   #4
2 Rivet Member

1970 27' Overlander
Santa Rosa , California
Thank you everyone for your responses. I can't wait to get my hands on the manual. I need the front middle Window, auto glass shop? Also the rock guard. Any ideas on what I should pay for these?

Being a woman I need to be careful not to get duped into paying too much!
Old 04-13-2011, 10:27 AM   #5
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

Corona , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by rverforlife View Post
Thank you everyone for your responses. I can't wait to get my hands on the manual. I need the front middle Window, auto glass shop? Also the rock guard. Any ideas on what I should pay for these?

Being a woman I need to be careful not to get duped into paying too much!
There an "owners manual" available for a 1971, which is almost exactly the same as a 1970 manual.

There is also a "service manual" available for a 1972.

The owners manual breifly describes how to use things.

The service manual teaches you how to fix most ever part of the trailer.

Andy
Inland RV Center, In is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 11:09 AM   #6
2 Rivet Member

1970 27' Overlander
Santa Rosa , California
I have pictures on Flicker but don't know how to show them to this forum. Can you help? I've ran a search on photos and uploading, it takes me to Control Manager then says to look for pictures and yatty yatty, but once I'm in Control Manager I can't find what I need for showing you my somewhat gruesome pictures of my newly acquired 70 Overlander.
Old 04-13-2011, 11:16 AM   #7

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Alamo Heights , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by rverforlife View Post
I have pictures on Flicker but don't know how to show them to this forum. Can you help? I've ran a search on photos and uploading, it takes me to Control Manager then says to look for pictures and yatty yatty, but once I'm in Control Manager I can't find what I need for showing you my somewhat gruesome pictures of my newly acquired 70 Overlander.
You can put in a link to your flickr photostream in a post and we can follow the link to that (as long as you have your photostream shared out to the public.)

Alternately, you can upload up to 4 pictures at a time onto a post by clicking the paperclip that's near the top-center of the "advanced" reply window.

Zero Gravitas — 2017 Flying Cloud 26U | WBCCI# 15566

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. — Sir Winston Churchill
DKB_SATX is online now   Reply With Quote