Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-05-2006, 06:43 PM   #1

1962 16' Bambi
Huntington Beach , California
New Members

My wife and I have a 1962 16' Bambi that needs restoration in most areas, however nothing really major that we can see. We have owned it for a couple of years but have not really gotten started yet. I plan to retire soon and the Bambi is to be my 'project'. I have followed the forums for some time and am anxious to start the work in earnest and also happy to know there is so much relevent information and sound advice available.
alumigeezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 06:46 PM   #2
Rivet Master

NOVA SCOTIA , CANADA
Welcome to the forums and good luck with your 'project'.As you know there are lots of knowledgable posters here to answer your questions.

AIR #7916
Ex WBCCI #32083
streamer23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 07:02 PM   #3
4 Rivet Member

1966 30' Sovereign
1963 22' Safari
orlando , Florida
make sure the brakes work! get the right tires,at least load range c or d. get the hot water heater working so you can take a hot shower in the woods.with some models having pressurized water tanks eletricity is not even needed.thumb your nose at society as you wash your arm pits!
richie rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 07:34 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

1999 25' Safari
Sequim , Washington
Welcome AlumiGeezer!

Please consider photo documentation/uploads of the "before" and "during" of your restoration. From what I can determine from commentary on this forum...there is no "after"...just an exciting work in progress.

Can't wait to see your journey.

DJ
DJ Bassett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 12:48 AM   #5
Rivet Master

1963 16' Bambi
1962 22' Safari
Yreka , California
Welcome and Hello!

Hello,

We have a 1963 Bambi. Love the little thing! My husband did a shell off restoration on ours and it took 10 months. Everything is there and all the original appliances work ~ although he made a few repairs first. We have only been able to take ours out a couple of times (just got it finished...) but it is perfect for the two of us!

My husband has an extensive thread that covers lots of stuff about our Bambi from the new floor to the new axles... and a lot inbetween. Look for 63 Bambi Floor Replacement (or some title such as that...) by NorCal Bambi. Lots of pages, but he has some great pictures that show what he did and why. You might find it helpful when making repairs.

Otherwise use the great search tool located on a blue tool bar, it will help you out with lots of topics. Every question is answered on here somewhere... but if you can't find it.... post a new one! You will get answers!

Be sure and attend an Airstream rally ~ or bunches! The very best part of having an Airstream is the great folks you will meet. Check out the rally link on the blue toolbar to find one near you. You will learn lots about your Airstream and it is a great place to get lots of ideas!

Welcome, and very glad to see another vintage Bambi owner!

Mrs. NorCal Bambi (traveling in S Tardis)
CaddyGrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 05:28 AM   #6
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
St. Cloud , Minnesota
Congrats on a great project -- and welcome to the Forums!

5 meter Langford Nahanni

CanoeStream is offline   Reply With Quote