Old 11-11-2013, 09:52 PM   #15
2 Rivet Member

Helena , Central Montana
Quote:
Originally Posted by PharmGeek View Post
Awesome - hope you can find a way to hold it (a deposit?) - hate to see it sold right from under you.

Good luck!
Less than 4 days and you'll have yours.

They only take deposits if you're going to pay for it in full either cash or financed within a week or so time frame. That we understand because of flooring costs. Our situation requires that we wait until after Jan 1st. We also have prospective backups as they have a 25FB and 25RB in stock. All three have Ultra Leather which is our favorite.

I also got a call from a gentleman tonight that is very interested in acquiring my 21' (25' over all) Toy Hauler. He has a new truck coming that will tow it just fine. Maybe all the stars will align properly for everyone involved.

Old 11-12-2013, 12:17 AM   #16
Rivet Master

2015 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Western , ** Big Sky Country ** Montana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salsa Master View Post
Less than 4 days and you'll have yours.

They only take deposits if you're going to pay for it in full either cash or financed within a week or so time frame. That we understand because of flooring costs. Our situation requires that we wait until after Jan 1st. We also have prospective backups as they have a 25FB and 25RB in stock. All three have Ultra Leather which is our favorite.

I also got a call from a gentleman tonight that is very interested in acquiring my 21' (25' over all) Toy Hauler. He has a new truck coming that will tow it just fine. Maybe all the stars will align properly for everyone involved.
Please PM if you need any help or advice from Missoula.

Old 07-20-2014, 07:29 PM   #17
2 Rivet Member

Helena , Central Montana
Good Bye everyone. Thanks for your kindness. I'm leaving the forum as I guess I wasn't meant to be an Airstream owner.
Old 07-20-2014, 07:59 PM   #18
Rivet Master

2012 27' Flying Cloud
W , New England
Odds are good on some lot somewhere by 12/31, there will be an unsold 2014 that works for you. No need to leave - keep reading and learning. You'll get the right one at the right time. Good luck!
Old 07-20-2014, 08:16 PM   #19
Rivet Master

1988 25' Excella
Sunnyvale , California
Send a message via AIM to Condoluminum
Steve-
Sorry to see such an abrupt departure, and hope all is OK.. It really is worth mentioning that Airstreams are a "national market" and a number of dealers sell nationally, and factory is cranking out new units at rate in excess of 30/week.. Point is that other FB 25's will be available, especially in dead of winter (early January..) when flooring is expiring on Sept and October units.. Deals are available from internet-focused dealers or smaller dealers eager to keep busy in wintertime...

And as for your truck/Jeep thing, a lot of folks use larger Grand Cherokees, but not many Laredo's due to shorter wheelbases and lighter rear end weights.. Any of newer 1/2 ton pickups (especially Ford Ecoboost V6 F150's can easily tow a 25FB, and lots of folks with smaller budgets use late model Tahoe's or Durango's or Ford Expeditions.. with smaller V8's and tow packages... They'd all get much better mileage than the Ram V10, which is a little more than needed...

Wish you well on next chapter..

In Theory, there's no difference between Theory and Practice, but in Practice, there is usually a difference...
Condoluminum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 01:54 AM   #20
2 Rivet Member

Helena , Central Montana
To be honest, a dealer ended up increasing the price of the Flying Cloud 25 Rear Twin we drove over 350 miles to purchase and that ticked us off. We left with a very bad feeling and 2 months later we are now the owners of a new Winnebago motorhome. My wife was expecially sad because she had fallen in love with the Airstream. I guess it wasn't meant to be for us.
Old 07-21-2014, 03:14 PM   #21
Rivet Master

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Hoover , Alabama
If one is in love with airstream, then get airstream. If they can love Winnebago without sleeping in the winnebago and thinking of or saying the name "OH AIRSTREAM, OH!"....then who cares, enjoy the life, travel...

But if after this marriage if the deep desire remains leaving remorse and frustration when spending intimate time with Winnebago, do not blame anyone but yourself for ignoring the passion that was so powerful!

I kid I kid

But its wild that after the heartbreak you went from 25 foot travel trailer to motorhome....

Either way, best of luck, have a blast, I am sure you will!

PharmGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 07:47 AM   #22
2 Rivet Member

Helena , Central Montana
Quote:
Originally Posted by PharmGeek View Post
If one is in love with airstream, then get airstream. If they can love Winnebago without sleeping in the winnebago and thinking of or saying the name "OH AIRSTREAM, OH!"....then who cares, enjoy the life, travel...

But if after this marriage if the deep desire remains leaving remorse and frustration when spending intimate time with Winnebago, do not blame anyone but yourself for ignoring the passion that was so powerful!

I kid I kid

But its wild that after the heartbreak you went from 25 foot travel trailer to motorhome....

Either way, best of luck, have a blast, I am sure you will!
We bought a Winnebago View Profile 24V that has an interior just like the Airstream including twin beds, except they do convert into a giant king. Ultraleather, etc, etc. It is 25'5" of pure livability and the best thing so far is the Mercedes Benz 3.0 v6 turbo diesel is getting us over 16.5 mpg in the mountains of Montana and it is still getting broke in. That is 10 mpg better than with my truck towing a camper in the mountains. The Airstream with my old truck would have been over 46'. We also have an onboard generator and tons of storage. To sum things up, WE HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO REGRETS, the wife is digging it so I am happy. Obviously things turned out the way they were supposed to.

We are all out enjoying ourselves in nature hopefully.
Old 07-22-2014, 08:03 PM   #23
Rivet Master

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Hoover , Alabama
Excellent!!!!!

PharmGeek is offline   Reply With Quote