Old 08-17-2007, 02:00 PM   #1
2005 28' Safari
Pinole , California
Send a message via Yahoo to neptune1939
Wink New member - plumbing repair

Hi folks, my wife Shirley (listed as on this forum I think) have had an A/S since 1995. It was a 31' Limited and we used it quit a bit when our boys were small. Now their grown and we didn't need as much room so we dropped down to a 2000 19' Bambi. Took a few trips in it and lo and behold wouldn't you know it, too small. So after two trips we upgraded to a used 2005 28' W Safari.

The prior owner added an on-demand-shower heater and on our 1st trip to Lake Shasta in July 07, the water line connected to it burst while en-route (Pump was left on at a prior stop). Well since my wife has related this event on an earlier forum, I'll make it short. I had the item removed and restored the water system back to factory standards with some minor changes. The water pump was moved as it was vibrating throughout the trailer and sounded like a frieght train. In addition, the hard lines were replaced with a softer material as recommended by a Toscano RV (A/S Service Center) Technician.

So now our A/S is still at Toscano's having the water damaged upholstry replaced. Our next trip is scheduled for Sep 15th to Orleans, CA. This is a 30-day jaunt for us as I spend my time fishing the Klamath & Trinity rivers for Salmon and Steelhead. If your in the area, stop by the "Klamath Riverside RV Park", Orleans, CA and lets do some fishing. Regards, Earl

neptune1939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 02:15 PM   #2
4 Rivet Member

1971 29' Ambassador
Klein Denkte , Germany
Hi Shirley and Earl,

welcome to the forums!! Nice having you on board...

Björn H. Adam
Wolfenbuettel, Germany

AirstreamForumsMember No. AIR 5535

Proud Owner of a 1971 Ambassador 29' called "Dave"

-A stranger is a friend you just haven´t met before!-
unknown irish

Pschoerrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 03:30 PM   #3
Rivet Master
2002 25' Classic
Oro Valley , Arizona
Welcome Shirley and Earl, Brenda and I are former Los Angelenos (35 years) and remember the areas you like to fish well.

This forum has been invaluable to me. I have found the members/posters to be quite able to give good advice on ANY subject
Kistler & Brenda

2002 Classic 25'
2003 Expedition EB 5.4L, AWD, AdvanceTrac Class IV hitch pkg. Reese dual cam/Prodigy
Kistler is offline   Reply With Quote