Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-28-2015, 07:10 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Katy , Texas
New Member near Houston, Texas

Greetings!

After several years of hemming, hawing and almosts, we finally bought our first Airstream, a 25' Flying Cloud FB. We towed it home yesterday.

Our prior camping experience was with a Fleetwood Niagara popup (which I loved), but once the kids lost interest, we neither needed the space nor wanted to spend all the time with setting up the camper. We sold it several years ago, and have been looking to replace it ever since.

We looked at a LOT of trailers, but in the end knew what we really wanted was an Airstream. Not gonna lie, the price of the Airstream gave us pause, but we didn't want to buy something because it costs less only to beat ourselves up because we didn't get what we really wanted. There's no value in regret.

We are looking forward to our first excursion next weekend. I didn't see a Houston club listed on the community page. Is there not a Houston Airstream group?
LisaB2595 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 07:42 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1978 31' Sovereign
Texas Airstream Harbor , Zavalla, in the Deep East Texas Piney Woods on Lake Sam Rayburn
Congratulations on choosing an Airstream product.

One of the perks of Airstream ownership (besides this Forum) is membership in the WBCCI. Several years ago I joined the WBCCI as a Member at Large. It did not take long to discover that each unit has its own unique personality. Camping with like minded people is much more enjoyable. I have discovered that the Texas Gulf Coast Unit (TGCU) headquartered at the Texas Airstream Harbor Inc (TAHI) is best suited for me - for many reasons.

You can read more about the Harbor on Lake Sam Rayburn (SE of Lufkin) at:

http://www.texasairstreamharbor.com/...r/welcome.html

TAHI is having an unofficial rally on July 4-5 (this coming weekend).

We plan on serving the usual July 4 table fare - might even putt the pontoon boat into the cove and shoot off a few fireworks.

This may be the first outing for you - lots of people to explain the ins and outs of AS ownership (especially the proper deployment of Zip Dee awnings.

Full hookups are only $15 per night. You need not be a WBCCI member to stay at the park - the only requirement is an Airstream product.

TAHI is a gated community - lots of road and park area to ride bikes on. Birding is second to none in Texas. We are right on the shore of Lake Sam Rayburn, so most any type of fishing is available.

TAHI (Texas Airstream Harbor) is only a couple of hours north of Houston.

PM if you have any questions.

"Suck it up, spend the bucks, do it right the first time."

WBCCI # 1113
AirForums #1737

Trailer '78 31' Sovereign

Living Large at an Airstream Park on the Largest Lake Totally Contained in Texas
Texas Airstream Harbor, Inc.
87MH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 09:28 AM   #3
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Katy , Texas
Thanks for the reply!

BTW, I love your sig. That was our feeling with this purchase!
Old 06-28-2015, 09:47 AM   #4

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
Greetings from the Florida Panhandle

Welcome to the Forums. We're glad to have you with us.

You're going to love Airstreaming. We have had two 25FB over the last ten years that we have spent over 1,600 nights in. It;s a great floor plan.

Congratulations on your new baby, and may you have many great Airstream adventures together.

Brian
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with ProPride
2020 Silverado 2500 (Vivian)
2023 Rivian R1T (Opal)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 06:40 PM   #5
Rivet Master

1986 34' Limited
1975 27' Overlander
1969 21' Globetrotter
Conifer , Colorado
Hi LisaB, welcome to the Airstream community. I think you and yours will love your new Airstream. It is way different than other trailers. It is small and very well designed. It is comfortable and easy to tow. And they last a very long time, especially with a little maintenance now and then.

Our family has many good memories of TAHI. The wife's folks wintered there in the Airstream for many years. It is beautiful there, and offers great fishing. We spent a couple of nights there some years ago. Very nice folks. There are spaces for nightly rental, but most folks own their trailer spot, and have built buildings around them. You ought to check it out.

Air Forums is a great place to get any questions answered that you may have, and learn about great travel adventures. I enjoy following moosetags around. They maintain great travel threads, check the lastest one out. And they get constant questions about the sewer solution product!

David
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1304 97 F250 Diesel.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	675.6 KB
ID:	241798  
dbj216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 12:52 PM   #6
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Katy , Texas
This is so nice. I feel so welcome!

If it's possible to be more excited about my Airstream, I am!
Old 06-29-2015, 06:59 PM   #7
Rivet Master

1986 34' Limited
1975 27' Overlander
1969 21' Globetrotter
Conifer , Colorado
Yep, very possible to be more excited! It is called aluminum-itis. The next thing you know you are redecorating to make it exactly the way you want, or you find some gizmo at the camping store that works extremely well for your Airstream.

And there are time when things go wrong that get you extremely depressed. Like your first leak, or breakdown, or dent.

It's all part of the Airstream experience. Happy trails!

David
dbj216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 10:42 PM   #8
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
La Porte , Texas
Living in SE Texas, selling house & moving into an Airstream.

Count me in, I'm new to this. Selling my house & moving into an Airstream. Full Weight <6K#'s, not too pricey or cheap! size enough for one person 2 dogs, & cats...
Will need help looking at the one I consider buying! Only trustworthy souls, happy encounters, & mechanically sound advice allowed.
Please feel free to share, I'm all ears here!
Thank you,
JD
jdwdsgns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 10:52 PM   #9
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
La Porte , Texas
https://texasairstreamharbor.com

When I move in to my Airstream this will be my 1st stop.
Thanks!
jdwdsgns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 06:23 AM   #10
Rivet Master

1966 22' Safari
1955 22' Flying Cloud
Fredericksburg , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdwdsgns View Post
Living in SE Texas, selling house & moving into an Airstream.

Count me in, I'm new to this. Selling my house & moving into an Airstream. Full Weight <6K#'s, not too pricey or cheap! size enough for one person 2 dogs, & cats...
Will need help looking at the one I consider buying! Only trustworthy souls, happy encounters, & mechanically sound advice allowed.
Please feel free to share, I'm all ears here!
Thank you,
JD
There’s a few members in your neck of the woods that are very familiar with Airstreams. You may want to look on the inspector’s list on the Forums and find someone near you for advice. Good luck
Bubba L is offline   Reply With Quote