Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-20-2009, 12:08 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Los Angeles , California
New member - Los Angeles

Just signed up today and my first question is: Why can't I upload a profile pic?
My intended pic is 100kb, jpg, and within 400 x 400 pixels. What am I doing wrong?

I have been researching non-stop all over the internet and I only have about a bazillion more questions, as I am about 3 years from retiring and have gotten badly bitten by the fantasy of fulltime AS'ing and going wherever and whenever I darn well please.

Current dream rig: 27' International Ocean Breeze pulled by a GMC Sierra 2500 HD diesel. (I know, but why not aim high?)

So for my first real question: Is it appropriate to ask for a leak check before taking delivery at the dealership? Like sitting inside while a water hose is directed top, sides, bottom?
Focuspuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 12:30 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1968 28' Ambassador
Cedaredge , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focuspuller View Post
Just signed up today and my first question is: Why can't I upload a profile pic?
My intended pic is 100kb, jpg, and within 400 x 400 pixels. What am I doing wrong?

I have been researching non-stop all over the internet and I only have about a bazillion more questions, as I am about 3 years from retiring and have gotten badly bitten by the fantasy of fulltime AS'ing and going wherever and whenever I darn well please.

Current dream rig: 27' International Ocean Breeze pulled by a GMC Sierra 2500 HD diesel. (I know, but why not aim high?)

So for my first real question: Is it appropriate to ask for a leak check before taking delivery at the dealership? Like sitting inside while a water hose is directed top, sides, bottom?

Welcome to the forums and glad to have you...

Not at all, I would have them go through everything.. Firing up the water heater running everything on battery/propane/Electric.. If your shelling out the money it should all work and they should show you it all works and how it works. I would even ask, buying from a private party...

May you have at least one sunny day, and a soft chair to sit in..

2008 5.7 L V8 Sequoia
AIR # 31243
WBCCI # 6987
FOUR CORNERS UNIT
purman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 01:02 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1967 22' Safari
1960 Caravel
Edmonds , Washington
Welcome!

This should help with the avatar. Posted by Janet (moderator supreme)in this section http://www.airforums.com/forums/f138...ics-44928.html

To upload or change an avatar:

An avatar is the little picture displayed below your user name in the profile box on the left side of every post. You may use a forums avatar or upload your own custom avatar. Avatars are limited in size to 80 x 80 pixels or 100 KB (whichever is smaller) and contributing members may load avatars that are 120 x 120 pixels.

To choose a forum-standard avatar:
1. Click user CP (control panel) on upper blue tool bar.
2. Click edit avatar on left side menu.
3. Select the avatar you desire for the available pictures and click the selection dot below the picture.
4. Click save changes.

To upload a custom avatar: Choose a picture you like that is stored in your computer. Resize the picture to meet the size requirements above using a photo/image editor or camera software. Images that are too large will fail to load and you will receive and error message.

1. Click user CP (control panel) on upper blue tool bar.
2. Click edit avatar on left side menu.
3. Scroll down to the "Custom Avatar" box and click the "use Custom Avatar" button.
4. Click Browse button. A file menu screen will appear and you can choose the avatar file to be loaded. The file name should appear in the "upload an avatar from your computer box".
5. Click save changes.
Lee

1973 F-250 4X4 390
1965 Chevy Suburban 454
AIR 6030
WBCCI 4258
TCT

silverleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 03:16 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Los Angeles , California
Thanks, Jason. I would have thought so, but every community has its own rules and I wouldn't want to start by pissing off the dealer.
Old 07-20-2009, 03:18 PM   #5
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Los Angeles , California
Aha. Thanks. I confused the profile picture with the avatar.

-Alan