Old 08-21-2007, 04:49 PM   #1
1970 29' Ambassador
St. Petersburg , Florida
New member intro

I am an Airstream owner for about nine years. I lived in my trailer with my boy freind while we built our house. The trailer is 27' and we shared all the space with a big dog. When we finally got the house built he asked me to move on. I took the Airstream and left, living in it for five more years. I loved my little home. I had a big TV, my computer, all my clothes and personal stuff. I worked on the tailer updating the creator comforts. I moved into a little trailer park with lots of wonderful people and they helped me heal. I felt very safe also because you just can't break into the thing. I planted flowers and lived cheap. I know there are people who haved lived in thier Airstreams and I bet the enjoyed it too. Well that is my story and now I don't live in it but she just went to Naples, FL last month for a family reunion and it was a avery nice trip. The old Armstrong airconditioner is fabulous. They just don't make them like that anymore. I had the motors replaced last year on the fans and refiberglassed the cover. She is good to go for another 37 years. I never seem to run out of stuff to tinker with. I am sorry the tires always get dry and cracked befor the tread is even showing wear. I guess I'll close for now. Nice to meet everyone. Catherine

Catherine Ph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 05:06 PM   #2
Rivet Master
1951 21' Flying Cloud
1960 24' Tradewind
West Coast , BC
Send a message via MSN to safari57
Welcome Catherine to the Forums.

Life has thrown a hurdle or two at your and you and your Airstream have handled them just fine. Glad to have you aboard and look forward to seeing pictures of your Airstream.

safari57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 05:11 PM   #3
Rivet Master
1983 34' Excella
1967 24' Tradewind
Little Rock , Arkansas
Rivet Welcome the the Forums

Hi Catherine,

I am doing the living on the cheap thing right now in my 34 Excella. Glad you had your trailer to fall back on. Years ago I made handmade kaleidoscopes and sold them at arts and crafts fairs. I spent March and November in Florida in my 24 Trade Wind. I based in Bradenton during the week, and went wherever the show was on weekends.

vswingfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 05:24 PM   #4
Rivet Master
1967 22' Safari
1960 Caravel
Edmonds , Washington
Hi Catherine, welcome! Thanks for coming here and sharing your story. Sounds like your Airstream has been a wonderful constant companion. Looking forward to hearing more from you.
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 05:38 PM   #5
Rivet Master
1974 31' Sovereign
1970 23' Safari
1956 26' Cruiser Overlander
Lambertville , Michigan
Hey Catherine,
That is the passion that is so prevelant on this site. I used to live around Lake and Rosary in Clearwater and loved it. One the best places in that area to camp is of Ft Desoto, and the best place of all is Caladesi Island. Looking forward to hearing more you and your AS living stories.
Operation "Save Rudy" Strike Team (charter member)

Yes, I am still working on it.
drag'nwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 09:44 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
Hey Catherine...Welcome to the forum and thanks so much for sharing your story...and I say, "Good for you!" And I am happy that you had your AS to be your home, and to be part of the all-important healing process...

You have found a good bunch of people here in the forum...not only very knowledgable about Airstreams but also willing to offer moral support, kindness and I hope you will take advantage of the forum and continue to enjoy the Airsteam life with us...

Many Happy Trails to you!

TBRich is offline   Reply With Quote