Old 07-19-2006, 08:36 AM   #29
Rivet Master
2005 28' International CCD
Ottawa , Ontario
I did get a good feeling about the 25'. We're pretty much novices in the trailer towing department, but having taken a trip to Cape Cod a few years back with the in-laws' 34' 5th wheel, we're OK. Or at least hubby's OK - I'm the spotter/navigator/yapper.

On another note - when we were in Cape Cod, there were scores of very fancy-schmancy trailers and motorhomes around us. Automatic this, press a button to self-level that, every upgrade you could think of. But the one that stood out the most in my mind was this cool Airstream - don't know what kind. But the couple that travelled around in it were very low-key, laid back and friendly. Said their kids had bankrupted them with college tuitions so all they could afford to do was to tour around the country with their Baby. It made a lasting impression on me. That and the fact that we camped during the Sept. 11 attacks, which was mind-numbingly horrible on so many levels.

But the conversations with the Airstreamers planted a seed that took a few years to take root, but now I'm on a mission! A 25' CCD SS for me - and hopefully it'll have that terrific orange interior on the upper cabinets. If I get a great used deal I may not get that option, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Thanks for giving me the scoop on your 25' experiences with your 3 girls and the dog B25guy - which leads me to ask - where does the dog sleep??

Mackhopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 09:10 AM   #30
3 Rivet Member
2003 25' Safari
Yakima , Washington
Dog's quarters

When you leave the front folding table set up to its half-pulled out point and with the couch pulled out to a bed, the dog finds it quite comfortable under the table. She's about 8 years old so once 10pm rolls around, she heads for her "bed". We keep a bowl of water for her right under the fire extinguisher and so far nobody has tripped on it there. I should also mention that lately, our oldest has taken to sleeping in the back of the pickup where there is a twin mattress, screened windows and a fan...seems talking to her many boyfriends on the cellphone at 3am makes this preferable than the comfort of the A/S??
I'm sure you'll enjoy whatever you decide to get...we're still tickled walking into ours when parked in the driveway some 3 years since we bought it. Ours is not perfect but considering the alternatives, we're quite happy.
BTW, while down at Sea World last week in San Antonio, we stayed in a really nice resort, parked right between two big ol' Prevost busses with all the gizmos. Can't say that I felt any less capable or less comfortable though (and I never saw either of these neighbors for 4 days we were there). There were two other A/S in the park to add that special touch!

B25guy is offline   Reply With Quote