Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-13-2013, 04:04 PM   #21
3 Rivet Member

1991 29' Excella
Akron , Ohio
I *want* my Excell to be here! It's currently getting a few minor tweaks post-purchase at P&S in Helena, OH. But meanwhile, I can't be sure when it will be done and ready for a first outing.

What a great time you will have with a bunch of AS enthusiasts! In a couple of weeks, I'm going to a lunch where some Akron 'streamers meet and talk. I'll be all ears!
aireseneca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 05:34 PM   #22
Rivet Master

1966 17' Caravel
Newport , North Carolina
Okay fingers are crossed and we will be expecting pictures!
Old 04-18-2013, 08:19 PM   #23
3 Rivet Member

1971 18' Caravel
Columbus , Montana
Thanks RM66.

If all goes well I'll be able to end this thread, and start a new one featuring our new Caravel. I'm pretty excited to see it in person. We'll be there Saturday afternoon, CAN'T WAIT!!!
2PNPOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 08:55 PM   #24
Rivet Master

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Sunnyvale , California
Send a message via AIM to Condoluminum
Good luck with the search, and belated welcome! The classifieds here, and at a few other Airstream sites are good places to look, as are some of the local Airstream club units.. Just wanted to point out that the market for clean used Airstreams is close to a national market by now, and folks from far way might be competing with you for local trailers, or you might need to look further away.. Too small is modestly better than too large, but there are really 3 dimensions to sort through: Size, condition and price.. Small ones are actually more expensive due to fact that they are easier to tow and more people have tow vehicles that will work. Fixer-uppers are often over-priced compared to camp-worthy units, given the $$ thousands you can spend if flooring, frame, tanks, interior and plumbing/wiring/appliances need to be replaced.

In Theory, there's no difference between Theory and Practice, but in Practice, there is usually a difference...
Condoluminum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 09:18 PM   #25
1 Rivet Member

2004 28' Safari
Billings , Montana
Welcome

Hi valorama, we live in billings and own an airstream. Sure hope you find your airstream.
travelcats2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 06:36 AM   #26
3 Rivet Member

1971 18' Caravel
Columbus , Montana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Condoluminum View Post
Good luck with the search, and belated welcome! The classifieds here, and at a few other Airstream sites are good places to look, as are some of the local Airstream club units.. Just wanted to point out that the market for clean used Airstreams is close to a national market by now, and folks from far way might be competing with you for local trailers, or you might need to look further away.. Too small is modestly better than too large, but there are really 3 dimensions to sort through: Size, condition and price.. Small ones are actually more expensive due to fact that they are easier to tow and more people have tow vehicles that will work. Fixer-uppers are often over-priced compared to camp-worthy units, given the $$ thousands you can spend if flooring, frame, tanks, interior and plumbing/wiring/appliances need to be replaced.
Thanks Condoluminum. This one is a 71 and from what I've seen of it is as clean as they come. I will verify this in person on Saturday. I really wanted a 68, but I can't pass this one up. I'm sure I will love it (I already do) and owning it will free me up to take my time looking for a 68 to restore. If that's still a desire I mean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelcats2 View Post
Hi valorama, we live in billings and own an airstream. Sure hope you find your airstream.

Travelcats, thanks for the welcome. Do you camp locally? We'll be taking our Caravel to West Rosebud, and other local campgrounds. Did you join Montana Airstreamers Club?
2PNPOD is offline   Reply With Quote