Old 03-02-2009, 07:35 AM   #15
Very american 4 a french

1971 27' Overlander
DUNKERQUE / FRANCE , Nord
Aloha;
You are on the best forum to get replies on all the questions about Airstreams...
You are on the best place on earth and now, you 've got the best trailer... you're really lucky!

Best regards from FRANCE,
Our next trip in USA... HAWAIi in the end of september... may be see you there ?

My AIRSTREAMLIFE ning
brunoffrance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 01:28 AM   #16
1 Rivet Member

1975 31' Sovereign
Mountain View , Hawaii
Aloha, It will probably be a guest house since sites to park a trailer would be non existant in this state! Hokulani

Old 03-05-2009, 01:30 AM   #17
1 Rivet Member

1975 31' Sovereign
Mountain View , Hawaii
Its a bit more than a toilet flange. Its a very rotten floor next to a rotten hot water heater. The floor by the front door has rot too. It looks like we will be taking the "crash course" in Vintage Airstream restoration.
Old 03-05-2009, 01:42 AM   #18
1 Rivet Member

1975 31' Sovereign
Mountain View , Hawaii
Aloha Kani and Jack, I hope you have a pile of cash to ship your baby over, cause I think it runs close to 5 figures to send them over on Matson from Los Angeles. Better check. In light of that cost, we feel we got our AS for a steal of a price. These babies are few and far between and once we get her restored she will be quite a curiosity around here. We are thinking she will be a guest cottage. I will try to get some pix up but she does not look camera ready at this time. Hokulani
Old 03-05-2009, 01:53 AM   #19
1 Rivet Member

1975 31' Sovereign
Mountain View , Hawaii
Quote:
Originally Posted by funkill View Post
Welcome! Sounds like your's has already had quite a journey. I would love to hear the inside story from your Jeeps point of view.... glad it turned out all right.
LOL The Jeep survived, even though the trans. was smoking all the way up the volcano side. The jeep had to stay on the shoulder since it could only go about 30 mph. The husband driving may have been much worse off than the vehicle though. But...the jeep lived to drive another day so all ended well. I will do my best to get some pix up. The AS is in pretty ruff shape though so consider the pix the "before" shots. Hoku
Old 03-06-2009, 12:35 PM   #20
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
ozark , Missouri
Aloha

Yes it would be very expensive but once we win the lottery it shouldn't be a problem.
Using her as a guest house would be great. My husband Jack and I even thought about renting it to visitors of the island. Their are a lot of people that would rather stay in an airstream than a hotel. It would help pay you back for the cost of the remodel too.

Is your name Hokulani? Heavenly Star? It's a beautiful...one of my favs

Kani

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokulani View Post
Aloha Kani and Jack, I hope you have a pile of cash to ship your baby over, cause I think it runs close to 5 figures to send them over on Matson from Los Angeles. Better check. In light of that cost, we feel we got our AS for a steal of a price. These babies are few and far between and once we get her restored she will be quite a curiosity around here. We are thinking she will be a guest cottage. I will try to get some pix up but she does not look camera ready at this time. Hokulani
76sovereign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 12:46 PM   #21
2 Rivet Member

1972 25' Tradewind
Mobile By Way Of Atlanta, By Way Of Denver! , Alabama
Welcome!
I'll throw the Biloxi guy under the bus
Silver Bullet
He's doing a TON of work/remodeling right now and it looks like he is keeping a good record of his adventure (pictures are crucial... I think somebody else mentioned on here how we all LOVE pictures)...
Once again, WELCOME! I'm new here and I love this place... forget Disneyland/World being the happiest place on Earth!
This place is!
Shar
Old 03-06-2009, 12:47 PM   #22
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
ozark , Missouri
Hoku

Can't wait to see the pictures. They do speak a 1000 words.

You will find copious amounts of information here.

76sovereign is offline   Reply With Quote