Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-03-2015, 06:59 PM   #1
OLD DUDE

1976 27' Overlander
Eustace , Texas
New Member First Thread

Hello Fellow AS Folks !

I am new to the forum, and frankly would have preferred to stay a lurker. I have learned a lot by reading, and have cobbed quite a few good ideas. However being a new member limits your ability to communicate with folks. You can't send a link, email address, tiny pic url, or anything really but words. So in an effort to prove I am not a spammer, spoofer, or nutcase, I guess I must post something. So here goes.

The red Wally Byam CCI numbers on an Airstream, can they be kept with a new membership. The trailer (1976 Overlander) I am buying has 3696, can I keep them with a new membership?

Next I will attempt to load thumbnails of the trailer. Hope things work for me, and again I really appreciate all the really good info. Hope I can go back to lurking. I mean I have not even taken possession of the trailer so I can't share anything about what I have done or am attempting to do.

So from East Texas I say Hey!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	76OVL.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	147.0 KB
ID:	253273   Click image for larger version

Name:	76OVLa.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	142.7 KB
ID:	253274  

Click image for larger version

Name:	76OVLb.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	128.9 KB
ID:	253275   Click image for larger version

Name:	76OVLd.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	146.5 KB
ID:	253276  

stringm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 07:10 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member

2008 27' International FB
Oklahoma City , Oklahoma
I am also a new Airstream forum member and new WBBCI member. I think you can request the existing number with your membership application and if no one else has it they will assign it to you.
Americal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 07:11 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2013 25' FB Flying Cloud
Longmont , Colorado
Welcome! That trailer appears to be in good shape. I hope you get to spend lots of time enjoying it.

As for the numbers: The numbers membership numbers in the Airstream Club (WBCCI). The numbers identify the members, not the trailers. When a member has multiple Airstreams, all the Airstreams have the same number.

In a case like yours, you can join the club and ask to have that number assigned to you. But unfortunately, the number is already in use by a couple from Florida. You could ask for number 13696, and then just add the 1 to your trailer. But then the numbers would not be centered and it would probably look odd.
SSquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 07:24 PM   #4
OLD DUDE

1976 27' Overlander
Eustace , Texas
SSquared

Thx for the info. If I cant keep the number they need to go. I really didnt know what they were till I googled it up. (as my 4yo grandaughter says) I thought they might be special and needed to stay.

String
stringm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 07:36 PM   #5
2 Rivet Member

2014 28' International
undisclosed , Idaho
I am also a newby as my wife and I just bought our first Airstream (2014 '28 Int'l Signature). We haven't completed all the paperwork yet so my question is about the warranty.
Any information about whether or not a 7-year Coachnet warranty is worth the $3k they want to charge me would be appreciated.
thanks in advance.
jeffryorange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 07:46 PM   #6
3 Rivet Member

2023 25' Globetrotter
Manheim , Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffryorange View Post
I am also a newby as my wife and I just bought our first Airstream (2014 '28 Int'l Signature). We haven't completed all the paperwork yet so my question is about the warranty.
Any information about whether or not a 7-year Coachnet warranty is worth the $3k they want to charge me would be appreciated.
thanks in advance.
In my opinion, no. In fact I'd go as far as to say that's sounds crazy to me.
Jukeboxfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 08:37 PM   #7
Rivet Master

1977 31' Sovereign
1963 26' Overlander
1989 34' Excella
Johnsburg , Illinois
You could call Jackson Center and they can tell you what numbers you might be able to use and only replace one digit. If you would prefer not to put the number on the body of the trailer, you can do that also as long as you display the number at larger WBCCI functions. (the numbers are used to locate the trailer, if an emergency response from 911 is required.)
dwightdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 07:28 PM   #8
3 Rivet Member
Commercial Member

1967 28' Ambassador
1964 19' Globetrotter
1960 24' Tradewind
Edgewood , Kentucky
Oh warrenties.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffryorange View Post
thanks in advance.
That would make me question a lot (salesmen)... I personally give warranties without charging people. Why? because I trust our work we do?

That sound like a great way to pinch you a little more before you head out the door of the dealer.... With the pitch of "peace of mind", which is nice for certain people's mindset.

My first thought as a business owner is, if something were to fail after purchase, you would need to cover the overhead (parts and labor). Having the purchaser pay the money upfront is a gamble for the owner on trusting that their product is well made. By setting a 3k price on just a 7 year warranty sounds to me like they are already assuming down the road to have issues. If you just so happen to not have a problem, well you just paid 3k more than you should.

If I needed to have an extended warranty program (which this case may be considered) I would charge an additional cost but if warranty work was never conducted during the warranty period, then the price of the warranty would be refunded. No gamble to make there.
Keeping the Art on the road, one project at a time
ArtisanAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 08:09 PM   #9
Rivet Master

1986 31' Sovereign
Miami , Florida
Well, this is a towable -- no engine, no transmission, pretty much a simple machine. Anything that might have been a manufacturing defect should have been dealt with under Airstream's warranty. I can't imagine what kind of catastrophic failure that could occur would be worth it.

Three grand? Nah...

Mike
Dismissive cat
n2916s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 08:22 PM   #10
3 Rivet Member
Commercial Member

1967 28' Ambassador
1964 19' Globetrotter
1960 24' Tradewind
Edgewood , Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by n2916s View Post
I can't imagine what kind of catastrophic failure that could occur would be worth it.

Three grand? Nah...

Mike
They (the salesman) wanted a quick commission on a warranty sale. Anytime they sign one up its more money in their pocket and less out of yours. They should stand by their product.
Keeping the Art on the road, one project at a time
ArtisanAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 09:11 PM   #11
Rivet Master

2012 27' Flying Cloud
W , New England
Quote:
Originally Posted by stringm View Post
Hello Fellow AS Folks !

I am new to the forum, and frankly would have preferred to stay a lurker. I have learned a lot by reading, and have cobbed quite a few good ideas. However being a new member limits your ability to communicate with folks. You can't send a link, email address, tiny pic url, or anything really but words. So in an effort to prove I am not a spammer, spoofer, or nutcase, I guess I must post something. So here goes.

The red Wally Byam CCI numbers on an Airstream, can they be kept with a new membership. The trailer (1976 Overlander) I am buying has 3696, can I keep them with a new membership?

Next I will attempt to load thumbnails of the trailer. Hope things work for me, and again I really appreciate all the really good info. Hope I can go back to lurking. I mean I have not even taken possession of the trailer so I can't share anything about what I have done or am attempting to do.

So from East Texas I say Hey!!!!

What a fine looking trailer! Looks like you got good answers in your numbers question.

Happy camping!
SteveSueMac is offline   Reply With Quote