Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-11-2019, 05:09 AM   #1

Currently Looking...
Little Rock , Arkansas
New Member Arkansas

Good morning! I’ve wanted an Airstream for years and after an amazing local rally, finally convinced my spouse! The quality and community is just wonderful! We have two wonderful friends, both with Airstreams, and loads of resources.

Right now we are trying to decide if we buy one from a friend because it’s a good buy (and would get us started). Or try to buy something that we might like better (even though we are new to this)? I do think we’d like the separate freezer and twin bed layout. We have one daughter and a German Shepherd, about the same size lol! Recommendations?
julibee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 05:41 AM   #2
4 Rivet Member

2013 30' Flying Cloud
Kingwood , Texas
You need to go to a local dealer and spend some time inside each trailer to really answer that question for yourself. We decided that the Flying Cloud 25 with twin beds was the one for us, so I went to work looking for one and found two units about 1,270 miles away from us and started negotiating. We got a great deal on a trailer that had been pulled about 1,200 miles and lightly used. Good luck with your search and Happy Camping.
DoubleR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 05:55 AM   #3

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
First off, welcome to the Forums. We're glad to have you with us.

Over the years we have had two 25FB's and a 23FB. To have a comfortable Airstream camping experience, you will probably want at least a 25 footer.

Best wishes in your quest for the perfect Airstream.

Brian
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with ProPride
2020 Silverado 2500 (Vivian)
2023 Rivian R1T (Opal)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 07:01 AM   #4
Rivet Master

2000 25' Safari
Davidson County , NC Highlands County, FL
Welcome!

My first 4 Airstreams were 30' and 31', because that size was available to me at my price point. And, that size seemed to fit my family (2 daughters) needs at the time, for weekends at the beach and an occasional week long vacation. In hind site, we really did not need a trailer that large unless the daughters brought along friends.

One thing I did not consider at first; the larger the trailer is, the larger the tow vehicle has to be. I had to buy a new truck after buying my first trailer.

Since retirement, there's just the two of us 99% of the time. We like the 25' for ease of traveling. We like the 34' for the extra interior space when staying months in one location.

Good luck finding the perfect trailer for your family!