Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-30-2007, 04:12 PM   #1
mpc
2 Rivet Member

1973 25' Tradewind
Bon Secour , Alabama
Send a message via Yahoo to mpc

hi all, my wife and are looking to purchase an older airstream and found this site. looks like we may visit often. we are in south alabama.
mpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 04:22 PM   #2
4 Rivet Member

1974 31' Sovereign
Almost Always Sunny Sarasota , Florida
Welcome to the best source of information on Airstreams on the web. You should check out the Classified Adds here for classic AirStreams. Also take a look at Craigslist in your area. Good luck in your quest.

bham.craigslist

Richard SL
SaabLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 06:59 PM   #3
4 Rivet Member

1972 31' Sovereign
1964 24' Tradewind
Plant City , Florida
Send a message via AIM to SwampBillies
You will find more info here on Airstreams than anywhere else. Welcome and good luck in your search. It will be worth it in the end.

Debbie & Lewis Adkins
WBCCI #15754 --- AIR #18873
1972 - 31' Sovereign International (Betty)
1964 - 24' Tradewind (Glory)
2002 Ford F250 Super Duty
SwampBillies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 10:14 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
That's right! You are in the right place to do your research and all the information you'll need to make a good decision...

Welcome to the forum!

TB
TBRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 05:07 AM   #5

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
Greeting from the Florida Panhandle

Welcome to the Forums. We're glad to have you with us.
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with ProPride
2020 Silverado 2500 (Vivian)
2023 Rivian R1T (Opal)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 06:31 AM   #6
2 Rivet Member

1967 22' Safari
AMARILLO , Texas

mpc, I'm glad you found this site before you guys purchased an older trailer. My wife and I bought our '67 Safari before I lucked onto this. Please do a lot of homework by reading the many posts available on older trailer restoration and problems. Seems to me that certain trailers have certain problems that they are prone to. Older units have their share of retrofit problems since they seem to need new everything. Don't believe because someone says that "it worked last year" that it works now. You'll probably have to replace it. That's part of the fun, but it ain't cheap. Scour the posts on floor problems. Those are truely horror stories. Man, I just plain o' lucked out on the one we purchased. I knocked around on the floor some, but I could have missed stuff in the bathroom very easily by not checking carefully. Learn about frame separation and how to spot it. Bad news. I bid on a bunch and lost out on a bunch of trailers on e-bay, etc and now I'm glad I did. They all advertised solid floors. Right! I've seen so many folks on this forum who didn't actually see their trailers until after they were delivered or they had paid for them and picked them up. Lots of work they hadn't counted on. FWIW, this is tons of fun. Buy well! Enjoy.
10brink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 03:50 PM   #7
Rivet Master

1992 29' Excella
Currently Looking...
JOY IN , Arizona
Looking For A Older Trailer

MPC, welcome. Look into Willi1 on the airstream classifieds.He has some new and older models from time to time.I went to vist his place in Alabama and he is the real deal.Mr, Winguard from Alabama,phone #706 523 1349.Good luck.
wbcci ,#3510 NEU & 4cu https://fire1.smugmug.com
firedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 03:58 PM   #8
"Cloudsplitter"

2003 25' Classic
Houstatlantavegas , Malebolgia
Welcome To The Obsession!!

You've come to the right place!!!! We were very lucky with our first A/S, but learning is half the FUN. Keep us posted and enjoy the ride!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	STREAM'N ON RT.66.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	32.8 KB
ID:	44151  
Old 08-31-2007, 05:53 PM   #9
4 Rivet Member

1994 34' Excella
1978 31' Sovereign
Mansfield , Georgia
Welcome mpc,

You have searched the Internet well.

You have found the best site on the Internet for knowledgeable vintage airstream advice.

The folks here are great. They share their knowledge freely and are just interested in helping current or potential Vintage Airstream owners.

Search all the archive. Almost every question will be answered there.

Good luck.
KeithC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 05:54 PM   #10
Rivet Master

1963 16' Bambi
1962 22' Safari
Yreka , California
Welcome to the Forums!

Yes, you have come to THE PLACE! The place to learn all things Airstream! We looked a long time to find just the right one for us, but it was certainly worth it! Not sure if you are looking for vintage, new or something inbetween. In the meantime checkout the threads and start your wish lists! Then do the reality check and see how your list matches your checkbook! Mostly, however, think about all the fun you will have! Lots of things to consider and think about when making a Airstream purchase no matter what the make or model. The link here is a good place to start and think about what will work for you: http://www.airforums.com/forums/f353...eam-22920.html

Welcome and keep us informed on your progress! I suggest researching the rally schedule in your area and visit one! You will get to see lots of Airstreams and talk to real owners. Great way to learn!

Have fun! Good luck!

Mrs. NorCal Bambi (traveling in S Tardis)
CaddyGrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 05:47 PM   #11
mpc
2 Rivet Member

1973 25' Tradewind
Bon Secour , Alabama
Send a message via Yahoo to mpc
thank you all for your best wishes and welcoming. shortly after i joined my wife and i went on a weekend camping trip to oak mountain, saw an add for a 25' tradewinds and found it to be in very good shape. some repairs to of course but over all we could hit the road right now and feel good about it. she cant wait to get going. lots of plans like polishing and some interior work but all is wish list not have to be.
mpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 06:12 PM   #12
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Currently Looking...
Chandler , Oklahoma
Welcone. Could you tell us what year your have and give us pictures. It looks good, but I can't tell much from your avatar.
juel is offline   Reply With Quote