Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-14-2007, 08:37 AM   #1

Chico , California

I am a new member as of today. I am looking for my dream Airstream.
When I find it I will be posting photos. I live in Chico Califonia, is there anyone near me that is a member?
I would like to find out about fun trailer parks and camping sights in California and Oregon.

Looking forward to this new adventure.

Nancy K.
Nancy Knudse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 08:49 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
Hi Nancy

I may not be the closest here in NJ but welcome anyway.

HowieE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 08:50 AM   #3
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
West of Fort Worth , Texas
Hi Nancy,
Welcome to the forums.
Yes, there are a number of members in your general area and throughout California.
There is a campground review area here on the forums with a few campgrounds listed, it's not comprehensive by any means. If you have a question about a specific CG or area, ask and you'll get help and opinions.
Good luck in your AS search.
Dave
Fyrzowt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 09:29 AM   #4

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
Welcome to the Forums. We're glad to have you with us. Good luck in your search for the perfect Airstream.
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with ProPride
2020 Silverado 2500 (Vivian)
2023 Rivian R1T (Opal)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 10:14 AM   #5
USN/LAPD Retired

2005 25' Safari
North Las Vegas , United States
Hi Nancy, Welcome Aboard

If you haven't already read the thread, a bunch of us (12)are getting together this Friday, Saturday and ending Sunday at Pyramid Lake RV Resort down the 5 freeway at the Grapevine. There will be 12 of us with the various styles of Air streams trailers New and Old. We are not a club. It was an idea that a few weeks back someone said "lets get together!" and 12 of us said "sure!"

It will give you an opportunity to check out first hand the "wants and want not's" for you.

Check out the link:
Pyramid Lake RV Resort

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f288...lly-32796.html

Hope to see you there

Safari-Rick

"Better to have more then you need, then need more then you have because you don't have enough!"
AIR #: 8129
Safari-Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 02:25 PM   #6
4 Rivet Member

1974 31' Sovereign
Almost Always Sunny Sarasota , Florida
Hi Nancy, I saw your post earlier and would like to welcome you to our family. Just now I was checking out on CL and found this AS and thought that you may want to take a look see. As you might guess I am not connected with him in anyway. I did talk to the seller and he motivated.

This is a 1988 34' Excella and it seems to be in great shape. He is in Yuba City, CA. Not Too far from you.

If this one is too large for you or too much $$ let us know the size that you are looking for and I will keep my eyes open.

Thanks, SL

1988 Airstream Excella 1000 34'
SaabLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 02:51 PM   #7
Rivet Master

1978 31' Excella 500
Genoa , Nevada
Craigslist has a 31' in Marysville. Craigslist.com is an amazing thing. I found mine there.
NevadaGeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 04:53 PM   #8
Rivet Master

1983 34' Excella
1967 24' Tradewind
Little Rock , Arkansas
Hi Nancy,

Welcome to the forums. Check the classifieds here. It’s where I found my ‘’38 Excella. Best of luck in your search.

Vaughan
vswingfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 11:13 PM   #9
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
Welcome to the forum, Nancy, from Arizona neighbors! If you are looking for CA campgrounds and like the San Diego area, we can highly recommend the San Diego County Park system. Here's a link for more info: San Diego County Parks camping park information We spent a week in the cool breezey weather of San Diego in 3 different county parks in May...Lake Jennings, Dos Picos and William Heise...amenities range from electric & water to full hookups (or dry if you want). And you can make reservations on line! We plan to go back and explore more of their parks and perhaps revisit these...None of the parks is that far from downtown San Diego or the Pacific, and they are great places to stay relatively inexpensively ($20/night or less depending on hookups) in the area and "do" San Diego.

You don't say what size or type of AS you might be looking for. My advice is to think about how you plan to use it, where you will store it, how much $$ you want to put into it, do you want a newer AS or an older or vintage AS, are you interested in restoring it, what you want to tow with (if it's a travel trailer as opposed to a motor home)...and what you LIKE...all of these will play into what you finally decide to do. Go to an AS dealer and look at their inventory (new and previously owned) and ask as many questions there (and here) as you can...a good dealership will help you narrow the field...and you will find a myriad of helpful topics here and even more helpful members... Best of luck ...and Happy Trails! TB
TBRich is offline   Reply With Quote