Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-06-2006, 11:40 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1962 19' Globetrotter
Oklahoma City , Oklahoma

Hello Community

Actually I joined a few weeks ago when I was shopping for a vintage Airstream and am just now doing the “introductions post”. It took about 8 months of shopping but I finally found a 1962 Globe Trotter to replace the 9’ x 9’ tent my wife and I have been using for many years ... we’re really looking forward to not trekking through the cold and dark to find the outhouse (or largest tree) in the middle of the night. This GT has the floor plan I wanted with a curb side dinette and front gaucho (the bed is as far from the toilet as possible). The body is in fairly good condition, the floor is solid, everything works (so far) and it made the thousand mile journey to its new home in Oklahoma City without any problems.

The GT is in need of a remodel. It was “renovated” in the early eighties, according to the paperwork, and lost a lot of its originality. So, I have (yet another) new hobby and look forward to using the forum to help me out with issues as the remodel progresses.
Skinnyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 11:48 AM   #2
Naysayer

1968 24' Tradewind
Russellville , earth
Welcome to the forums and congratulations on the coach! When do we get to see pictures?

Visit my photography and painting website
https://rooseveltfineart.com
Instagram is r.w.roosevelt

Boondocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 12:05 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2003 22' International CCD
Kiln , Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinnyfish
Hello Community

The GT is in need of a remodel. It was “renovated” in the early eighties, according to the paperwork, and lost a lot of its originality. So, I have (yet another) new hobby and look forward to using the forum to help me out with issues as the remodel progresses.
Hey Skinnyfish,

Sounds very familure to the condition of my 66 Caravel. You're at the same point in ownership I am. My wife said enough with tents and "we need a trailer" - vintage was the way to go.

Good Luck
clancy_boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 03:57 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1994 30' Excella
Currently Looking...
Milwaukee , Wisconsin
Welcome to the forums. This is a great place to start for your remodeling. Will you be camping this season or tearing down the Globe Trotter?