Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-01-2006, 03:21 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

Americus , Georgia
Smile New Member

This is our first AirStream trailer. We have not owned a trailer for 20 years. We purchased a used one then and had a bad experience and said we would never own another one. Well as you can see we have done it again. I told my wife that if this was not good enought for us then there was not a trailer in the world that we would like. We picked up our unit two days ago and we are heading south this Thursday for a week shakedown trip. I hope you will hear a good report when we return.
Bruce
Bruceh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 03:24 PM   #2

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
Good luck and welcome to the forums Bruce. I noticed that you have the same trailer as mine, albeit a couple of years newer. Hopefully your dealer did a good orientation session with you. He did remind you the rules about the slideout, relating to the stabilizer jacks?

Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 04:07 PM   #3
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
NE , Indiana
Bruce,

Welcome to the forum and good luck with your new Airstream. Have a great shakedown cruise.
AIR 7185
redeagle313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 04:24 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

2005 31' Classic
wilson , New York
Welcome to the forum and AS ownership Bruce. I am sure you will find that your trailer will be all you had hoped for. Let us know how the trip went.
Take care,
Tin Can

'05 Dodge 2500 SLT 4X4

TAC# NY-5256
Tin Can is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 07:51 PM   #5
1 Rivet Member

Americus , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcanavera
Good luck and welcome to the forums Bruce. I noticed that you have the same trailer as mine, albeit a couple of years newer. Hopefully your dealer did a good orientation session with you. He did remind you the rules about the slideout, relating to the stabilizer jacks?

Jack
Thanks
Yes they did a very good job with the orientation. All I need to do is remember all of it.
Bruce
Bruceh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 11:24 AM   #6

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
Probably one of the first things you will struggle with is the awning. Especially since you probably won't put it out till the weather gets warm.

The other "gotcha" is the humidity control switch on the refrigerator. I guarantee you will forget to turn this off, and subsequently deplete your battery.

Another one to remember is the electric switch for the hot water heater. Easy to forget and if left on with no water in the tank, an easy burn out of the element.

And finally if you ever have to manually use your electric hitch jack, be sure to resyncronize before putting the head back on. If you don't you ruin the gears.

Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote