Old 12-07-2005, 05:47 PM   #1
Currently Looking...
Oakland , California

Hi all, were Mike & Maggie. We're currently living in cailf. North Bay But will be re-locating soon to Arizona. Time ot Move on and start another chapter in our lives together. We don't yet own an Airstream (not for my lack of trying) but, Maggie says after we make the move then we can get serious about it. Three more Years and No more Daily grinds but actually out seeing this beautiful country we have.

She let me get my Tow vehicle already (with the understanding I don't rack up alot of miles on it) 2004 Dodge 2500 Cummings. Ive alrady added Firestone air bags in the rear and a Prodigy Brake Controller.

Love the Website. So Much usefull information.

We look Foward to meeting as many Aistreamers as possiable as soon as we get on the road.

Mike & Maggie

Big Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 05:53 PM   #2

1968 24' Tradewind
Louisville , earth
Send a message via Yahoo to Boondocker
Welcome aboard. I think you will find the forum to to be a great resource in the future. I myself, was greatly helped in finding a coach and in makeing repairs. I am also sure it will continue to be a great resource and source of fellowship for years to come.

Visit my photography page
and the
Favorite camp grounds project map
My Blog

(The artist formerly known as General Disarray)

Boondocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 07:38 PM   #3
Round on both ends
1979 31' Excella 500
1975 28' Argosy 28
Rutledge , Georgia
Hi, Mike and Maggie,

Welcome to the forum!

You've got a great tow vehicle there, but please go to the towing forums and look at the wise advice there. The airbags probably won't be needed for the travel trailer. In fact, if you have the 2500, you may be wishing for a more softly sprung rear suspension. I'm worrying about that now, and I'm even looking at lowering the rear of my truck to level it some just because I don't like dropping my trailer on it and having it (a) not move the back at all, and (2) being way up there even with an 18" high hitch.

The common knowledge here about heavy-duty trucks is to go to lighter lift bars with more deflection to compensate for the rough rear suspension, although some forum members are interested in using "air" hitches to smooth out the "ride" transmitted to the trailer.

Take care of that Cummins, and it will last forever. Lord knows, I have the payments, and I'm counting on that thing staying around and getting me there.

1975 Argosy 28 "Argosy"
1979 Excella 500 31 "Betsy"
1992 Lincoln Mk 7 LSC
2003 Dodge 2500 Cummins "TowHog"
"Lucy Loosehair" the cat - Airstream mascot
Klaatu barada nikto
SafeHarbor is offline   Reply With Quote