Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-03-2016, 09:46 AM   #1

Currently Looking...
Indep , Missouri
New here-Looking for Airstream

Hi everyone-
I'm new here. Been looking for an airstream for about a year. We'd ideally love an empty inside as we'll be customizing it how we want it. Unless we can find one with an interior that will work for us. We've found some but they sell so fast or we just don't hear from people we email or contact on Craigs List etc.

Anyway, we live in Kansas City, travel a ton to Denver (our second home) and travel the country a lot. We need a 19' or 20' or even 22' before our June travels. If you are selling, please contact me asap. JanaEnloe88@gmail.com

Thanks for allowing me to introduce myself. Excited to be in the group.
JanaE816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 09:52 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2016 28' Pendleton
Currently Looking...
Scottsdale , Arizona
Hi from AZ. . . welcome to the clan ! I used Forum classifieds & RVTrader.com when I was looking for one. . . worked for me, found what I was looking for @ AS dealer in FLA. Of course, it wasn't just a sheel, that maybe more of a challenge. Good Luck, Craig
Old 03-03-2016, 10:15 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2013 31' Classic
billings , Montana
Chech out the classifieds, that is where we found ours.....
tjdonahoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 10:49 AM   #4
Rivet Master

2019 27' Flying Cloud
Kansas City , Missouri
We have a 22 that we purchased slightly used at Bill Thomas in the St. Louis area. They are a good dealer. If you look on their website they have a couple of no cost classes coming up in the spring (de-winterization, getting the most out of your RV). You might consider signing up for one, and making a Saturday out of it to look at the various units. Our salesperson was Jesse.

Piggy Bank
Piggy Bank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 11:12 AM   #5
PKI
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Walnut Creek , California
There is a fellow in Marion KS that renovates Airstreams. Understand he likes to do smaller trailers. Have no info on his pricing or quality, but a conversation might be worth a call and stopping by if you are in the area might educate you a bit.

We have a fellow in the neighborhood who is shopping. I get the feeling that he has been looking for a long time, so your experience seems normal. Good deals go away fast to lovers, fools, or flippers. Be careful to get what you pay for. The deals seem to be rigs that need TLC from folks willing to put in the DIY equity and understanding the value and renovation risks is the key difference between a costly project and a successful investment.

We talked to a camper that claimed he found lots and lots of ASs at a Florida dealer. Logic was folks retire there and the kids don't know what to do with the AS and place it with the dealer to sell. That market might just be large trailers. Maybe some ASers in Florida can comment as to the fertility of the market.

Hope you find your coach. They make for lots of smiles. Pat
PKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 05:29 AM   #6
4 Rivet Member

2015 Interstate Grand Tour
Southaven , Mississippi
Welcome to the forums.
Old 03-04-2016, 06:09 AM   #7

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
Greetings from the Florida Panhandle

Welcome to the Forums. We're glad to have you with us. Good luck in your quest fro the perfect Airstream.
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with ProPride
2020 Silverado 2500 (Vivian)
2023 Rivian R1T (Opal)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote