Old 04-26-2006, 03:47 PM   #1
Somewhere beautiful , Tennessee
New Here

Hello everyone, I am new here, but not new to camping, have a camper and am hoping to be able to take the grandchildren(all 3) camping this summer, planning a trip to sunny Florida, and Gramps and I are so excited, it will be our youngest granddaughter, Elizabeth's first trip to the beach......I cant decide which beach to go to yet though, my husband and I honeymooned in Panama City, but that was eons ago......I want to go somewhere that all can have a good time, and I know Panama has great RV parks on the beach.....if yall know of anything, and if any grandparents can give me tips and pointers on how to make this first trip camping with my precious grandbabies, Brad(6),Joe(4) and Lizzie (1) that would be greatly appreciated.....hope to hook up with some of yall down the road......

Nana Holly

NanaHolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 04:16 PM   #2
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
Eastern , Washington
Hi And welcome to the forums. Personally - i love the outerbanks area - but it's a long drive from TN

1964 Overlander | '08 Touareg V6
Current Project: 1964 Globetrotter

Let's have a polishing party: I'll supply the trailer and buffing supplies. BYOB (bring your own buffer)

AirForums Custom Search
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 04:40 PM   #3
Rivet Master
2003 22' International CCD
Kiln , Mississippi
Just around the corner...

Welcome to the forums - you will find whatever you need here.
Michael & Tina with Layla and Preston BZ
The family has grown.
clancy_boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 05:04 PM   #4
Somewhere beautiful , Tennessee
thank you for welcoming me with such open arms, I dont think we need too long of a drive, especially with Lizzie she will be almost 2 when we leave out, so maybe she will do okay on a semi long trip, the outer banks, never thought of that, most of the time when I think of beaches, it is in Florida.....hope there wont be any hurricanes to ruin our trip, the season starts June 1st.....that would be my luck, finally get the daughter in law to agree to a camping trip and mother nature ruins it...if it isnt one mother it will be another i guess.....
NanaHolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 07:27 PM   #5
Rivet Master

1986 31' Sovereign
Miami , Florida
We really, really, really liked Ft Desoto County Park down in St Petersburg. Practically every campsite has a water view, there are two fishing piers and a world class beach. Civilization nearby for shopping, museums, even a baseball game if you are in the mood.

n2916s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 07:54 PM   #6
Rivet Master
2004 30' Classic Slideout
College Town USA , Virginia
Welcome Nana,
Florida has some really outstanding state parks and I recommend you take a look at all they have to offer online. You shouldn't have too much trouble reserving this time of year as opposed to the fall and winter months. Good luck with the weather and enjoy those grandchildren as they can change your life. Ours are just wonderful and we do so enjoy camping with them.
In dog years, I'm dead!
ZoominC6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 09:50 PM   #7
3 Rivet Member
1983 30' Airstream 300
Plantersville , Texas

In 2000 Pop and I took 3 Grandkids on the trip of our lifetime. 5 weeks. from near Houston TX to Canada / Montana border. ages 4, 5 and 8 we spent a week in Yellowstone watching animals and geysers. we saw Mt Rushmore, dinosaur digs in Utah,played in snow on Mt Evans in CO.,and played in snow at Glacier NP in MT.waded in cold streams ever chance we got, and a mamouth dig in So. Dakota. They enjoyed all that , but they were always ready to go to the playground and pool at the rv park. They liked the campfire and hotdogs burned over the fire. We had a tv in the camper with a vcr to watch movies or cartoons on bad weather days. ( Conclusion for us was ) Grandkids just like to go and be with you. They like to play and eat.
When you take them camping it is just fun to be away from home and the center of your attention. They get homesick if they get still for too long so stay busy with play, food and fun. I hope you have as many good times with your grandkids as we have had. They are bigger now so it is places like Seaworld and Six flags. We still camp with them every summer and they still like campfires and hot dogs

go and have fun

carnegie1935 is offline   Reply With Quote