Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-03-2006, 07:01 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Sioux Falls , South Dakota
New here

My husband and I are Airstream wannabees. We're considering the Classic 30', but won't be purchasing until this Fall or early next year.

We've been retired since 1995, and started RVing shortly thereafter. We were fulltimers for 5 years, and are planning on returning to the fulltime lifestyle as soon as we purchase our new trailer.

Currently, we spend the winters in Quartzsite, AZ, and are on the road traveling the rest of the year.

Looking forward to learning more about Airstreams! (We did get to see some at the Hobo Rally over in Blythe, CA early last month, and spent a lot of time in a new Classic 25' at the Tucson, AZ Airstream dealer last week. To date, we haven't actually *seen* the Classic 30'.)
elh3946 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 07:34 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1994 30' Excella
Currently Looking...
Milwaukee , Wisconsin
Welcome to the forums. If you hand out here for long you will catch the bug to buy before next fall.
Old 03-03-2006, 07:51 PM   #3
3 Rivet Member

Welcome to the forum...this is a great spot for help and info...good luck on your AS hunt...joe...
joewinfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 08:58 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaplain Kent
Welcome to the forums. If you hand out here for long you will catch the bug to buy before next fall.
Oh, we'd LOVE to by right NOW! But we have to sell our house in Quartzsite first, and we won't be able to put it up for sale until we return to Q in October or November.

Thanks for the welcome!

Linda
Old 03-03-2006, 09:09 PM   #5
Rivet Master

1967 22' Safari
MILAN , Illinois
Welcome!

Welcome to the forums and count on all here to make you feel right at home. Hope you get to see a 30' Classic soon and can decide if it is what you want in a coach. Whatever your choice of trailer I'm sure you will be glad you came here to this community. Ed
FORUMS MEMBER SINCE 12/16/2004AIR#7110
"My tire was thumping, I thought it was flat. When I looked at the tire, I noticed your CAT!" Burma Shave
BIGED52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 10:08 PM   #6
Razorback

2005 30' Classic
Springdale , Arkansas
WARNING! WARNING! WARNING!

Do not look for very long at a Classic 30! You will fall in love so quickly you won't know what happened! I speak from experience. It happened to us and before we could blink, we owned one!

Sid and Becky
2005 Classic 30 "Twinkie II"
Hensley Arrow
2008 Bighorn 4X4 Dodge 2500 Cummins
WBCCI Member At Large #2786

Life is not a dress rehearsal, live your dreams!
razorback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 10:36 AM   #7
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Quote:
Originally Posted by razorback
WARNING! WARNING! WARNING!

Do not look for very long at a Classic 30! You will fall in love so quickly you won't know what happened! I speak from experience. It happened to us and before we could blink, we owned one!
I'm sure that's true!

So far, we only seen the 25' Classic (other than a 34' Classic w/slide that we saw at the Hobo Rally). We really liked the 25', but figured that, for our purposes, we'd like to have a trailer with a dinette. Can't wait to see one in person!

Linda
Old 03-04-2006, 03:21 PM   #8
Tramp Streamer
Commercial Member

1995 28' Excella
Artist , at Large
Hello Linda and welcome.

You're in the right place to start.
I've been fulltiming 6 years and love living the life in my 28 Excella. You'll be FTiming in no time!

Michael
ArtStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 06:06 PM   #9
Rivet Master

2006 30' Classic
Farmington , New Mexico
elh---We just got our 30' Classic from Oasis RV in Tucson. I can't say enough good things about the trailer or the dealer. We spent most of Jan & Feb in ours and feel like it would work for a full time coach for us. We traded a 25'classic for the same reason you mention, that being we wanted a dinnette. As far as waiting be aware prices are increasing steadly. Waiting can be costly in terms of increases,in some cases more than interest on a loan. ------Pieman
Mike Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 07:08 PM   #10
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
I saw a new unit northbound between Tucson and Phoenix on I-10 Thursday, was that you? I blinked, but you must have missed me.

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 11:55 AM   #11
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lewis
As far as waiting be aware prices are increasing steadly. Waiting can be costly in terms of increases,in some cases more than interest on a loan.
I hear ya, Pieman. Unfortunately, we don't have a choice but to wait until our house sells...and we won't be able to put it up for sale until we return to Quartzsite this Fall.
Old 03-05-2006, 12:47 PM   #12
Rivet Master

2006 30' Classic
Farmington , New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by azflycaster
I saw a new unit northbound between Tucson and Phoenix on I-10 Thursday, was that you? I blinked, but you must have missed me.
No we got back here to farmington wed PM-----Pieman
Mike Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 03:03 PM   #13
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Currently Looking...
Chandler , Oklahoma
Welcome. Bought a 1978 Argosy, 24ft about a year ago. Honestly would like to have more room. You are right to go for as long a trailer as you can tow. Just my husband and I, but would not mind more room for us and the dogs.
juel is offline   Reply With Quote